Sunday, September 11, 2011

Another week begins

Hello to everybody and so another week begins, On reflection last week was a very positive week for me, although it had its moments it was probably one of the best weeks I have had since my diagnosis of dermatomyositis in May this year.

This week has seen me come down to 15 mg daily on my Perednisolone, and next wednesday I will be dropping to 13 mg daily, so the tapering down is going to plan at the present time.  Also it seems that the Methotrexate is starting to take affect as I am not flaring as much as I was a couple of weeks ago.


Certainly I have felt that as the week went on (Apart from Tuesday) the days have been really positive, I am walking further on my daily walk,s. and not feeling so fatigued afterwards as I was, even on the lower dose of Prednisolone although I must admit there were a couple of days I went to bed for an hour in the afternoon.

I had my new wheelchair delivered on Wednesday, so used that when we went down town on Thursday with Pauline, it made a big difference to be able to propel myself around the stores, kept losing Pauline, but sure that she didn't mind, also on Friday ate my first solid lunch, Crisp bread with pate and butter, not a big deal for most people, but seeing as I am on a puree diet, it is another step in the right direction.

And my latest Achievement is that for the first time in many weeks I actually got a full night,s sleep last night, went to bed about 11.15 and slept all the way through until 7.30 this morning, Excellent and feel so much better today for that. So all in all a very positive week and I hope that I continue to move forward in a positive way.

After all the questions about Myositis that people ask, and the amount of people that do not know what Myositis is, and that includes Health Care Workers of all levels,I have decided to compile and produce an interactive video to help people become aware of Myositis, and to understand the disease, hopefully I will have it completed by the end of October, and it will be available Free to anyone who wants a copy.




It is nice to be able to end on a positive note so hopefully this week will be just as good onwards and upwards. so until tomorrow Adios Amigo,s.

No comments:

Post a Comment