Friday, January 6, 2012

A Bright Sunny Friday.

Another bright day again today, the weather is very changeable here in the UK at the moment, Scotland and the North of england seems to be getting the Brunt of the storms coming in off the Atlantic.
We are lucky so far in the South of England, as we only seem to be getting the edge of the storms, Today as  said is a bright sunny day, as you can see from the picture of the SS Normandie leaving Portsmouth this morning on its way to France. This brings back memories of when I worked on Brittany Ferries from 1997 up to 2002. those were the days. I worked on the ships as a Cleaning Supervisor for General Services France {GSF}
Brittany Ferries SS Normandy Leaving Portsmouth this morning 10.25 am

Waiting for Amanda.
It was a really good nights sleep last night, went to bed about 11.30 and woke this morning at about 6.50. then realized it was Friday and Methotrexate day, so decided to have a coffee and then take the Methotrexate. That seemed like a plan to me and then into the lounge to watch the morning news and await the arrival of Amanda, 

Here comes Amanda "Super  Carer.
True to form Amanda arrives about 8.20, she is her normal bubbly self this morning, I think she is pleased that it is not wet and windy, anyway she gets me washed and groomed and then we have a chat and off she goes on her merry way to see her next client. and I decide that I will get some wheatabix for breakfast before seeing who is around on Facebook.




Milton Park in the winter sunshine.
Well amanda is gone, I have had my Wheatabix so make a coffee and then on to facebook to see who is about and catch up on the news etc from last night. Check my emails, delete all the spam and then do the online crosswords in the Daily Mirror, well that was a good couple of hours, I now decide to go for a short walk, to get a bit of fresh air and exercise, I seem not to have any effects from the Methotrexate today so will make the most of it. and the fresh air will do me good. so wrap up warm as it is quite chilly outside and off I go for a walk around Milton Park.

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy
I want food in my Tummy.
I enjoyed that so now I am back home in the warm and time for a protein shake and then to watch the film " Hello Dolly" this is the life. It is now approaching 1.00 pm so time to think about lunch. I am having a nice Asda " Creamy Chicken and Bacon Bake" ready meal today,  I do like this as it is easy, quick and Tasty so I take my Lamprazole tablet and get the meal in the oven for 30 minutes so lunch at 1.30 pm today. I find it easier on my digestive system now that I am on a "Soft Lumps Diet" to have my main meal at Mid day and something light in the evening.


An Open Fire.
I must say that Lunch went down well and considering it is " Methotrexate Friday " I am having a pretty good day, no adverse effects today ( Thats a first) anyway enjoyed the walk this morning, although it was not far and only took 30 minutes, but  it was nice to be out in the fresh air, we;ll it is getting on for 3.00 pm now and the sky has got very grey, and it is getting very cold and I can feel the temperature dropping, have just put the heating on, trouble is the central heating tends to dry out the air and gives me a sore throat, so will have to see what I can do about that, never been a big fan of Central heating, I used to like the old coal fires. toasting crumpets with a toasting fork in front of an open fire and toasting marsh mallow, { Ah Nostalgia}

A Happy Chappy.
So that has been a really good day today, not a lot achieved but feeling really good today, probably the best I have felt in a long time, still limited mobility but am certainly eating better and less fatigue since I tapered down my Prednisolone and reached the 10 mg daily on October the 5th. also minimal effects from the Methotrexate today and thats a first,  I am a very Happy Chappy today, and I can Whistle. so I will leave you all on a good note and say Tatty Bye until tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear freaky Friday wasn't so bad, I didn't get the Metho headache in the morning but later in the evening, not too bad tho, I was able to read with it.
    I am pretty sure I could not walk for a half hour straight without my walker, do you need one?
    If not, did you need one and have improved since?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi chris. I have not needed a walker, but do need a walking stick to steady me, also need a wheelchair if I have to go out shopping or for long periods, as I find about 30 minutes on my feet is about all I can manage in one go.

    ReplyDelete