Wednesday, January 11, 2012

An Historic Lesson to learn.


Ready for the day ahead.
Well what do you Know, "Not a lot" if you are anything like me, anyway that is beside the point, I had another decent nights sleep last night and woke at about 7.50 this morning "forgot to set the alarm last night", so a bit of a rush this morning to get the coffee made and then into the lounge with the coffee to await Amanda the carer, Amanda arrives at 8.15, and soon has me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead. so now I can get some breakfast and plan the day out, I really do need to get out into the sunshine today, it ia a great day weather wise and they say that it is going to get a lot colder towards the weekend so must make the most of today.

A test run today.
Well I thought that I would give you all a break from the normal boring account of my exciting and fun filled life and so today I have altered the format of the Daily Journal and give you a trip round the Portsmouth Historic dockyard and Naval base. I have two reasons for wanting to go out today, (1) is that I need to get back to my Photography and (2) Pauline bought me different protective pants yesterday, I normally have "Tenna for Men", Pauline has got me "Stay Dry", boots the Chemist own brand, so I need to give them a test run.

So I get myself dressed ready to set of out for an hour or so with my Camera to head for the dockyard. I can get a bus from here to the Hard, so that is OK and there will not be a lot of walking involved and plenty of seats to sit to rest, so with Camera, Walking Stick, and Staydry pants off I go, it is about 10.30 and the weather is dry and sunny. However I have text pauline to let her know what I am going to do.

Oooop's
(1) Result of Test walk of Staydry Pants :
I will say that I am quite pleased with these pants. I have been out from 10.30 and got home about 12.20 so nearly 2 hours, in that time I have travelled on two "Bumpy Bus Journeys, each lasting approx. 15 min, and drunk a coffee. There was no discomfort, in fact I think the padded pants protected me from the bumpy bus ride. Also While walking ( Very Slowly) around the dockyard there were no leaks or dribbles, and the most pleasing part of it all was when I got home and checked my Socks were still dry LOL.
So there we go that is the important part out of the way and for future information I give them a ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ Star rating.

(2) And now the Historic dockyard photographic tour. These Photo,s were taken by me today with a " Sony 300 Digital SLR Camera, using a 18 to 70 mm Lens.
so get your self ready and lets Go

(A) The Main Gate to the Dockyard:



(B) The next part we see is the entrance to the Mary Rose Exhibition.


(C) After the Mary Rose we turn to see HMS Warrior.



(D) and so onwards to  Action stations Activities centre:

(E) Boathouse 7 is our next stop:


(F) After we leave Boathouse number 7 we move on to Storehouse 9 :

    (G) Next to see is the Royal Navy museum victory Sail :



    (H) And onwards now to Sea Your History :




    (I) And now to HMS Victory.


    (J) and also the Victory Museum :


    (K) Nearly at the end folks, up to date now HMS Diamond:


    (L) And Homeward bound via the Hard Interchange.



    And now back at the hard interchange to get the number Eighteen bus back home, I think I will have to rest for the rest of the day. But enjoyed this couple of hours and the weather was great.

    So there we are back home with Aching legs and shoulders but happy to have been out, now to get dinner on ready for 2.00 pm but a nice cup of tea first, I am having sea bream fillet with Mash Potato, Cauliflower and a nice cheese sauce so will enjoy that, and then a relaxing afternoon with the laptop until Pointless on TV at 5.15. so until tomorrow I will say Bye Bye.

    1 comment:

    1. Wow Frank, the pics are great... :)
      Keep up the Journal, really enjoy them.
      Bye for now. Donna (Ont, Canada)

      ReplyDelete