Sunday, January 1, 2012

Leaping into 2012.

29th February.
Well not so much of a leap, more of a slow walk really but what the hell 2011 has finally ended and 2012 is here, and it is a Leap year, so what are we all going to do with the extra day this year ? I will try and do something special this year on the 29th of February.

Spinnaker Tower and Dockyard at
midnight on New years eve 2011.
Yesterday evening was a really good evening, I got a Taxi down to Pauline and Gordon at 6.45 and stayed until 9.30 when Pauline gave me a lift back home. Irt was a good Evening as Pauline and Gordon had some friends down from Salisbury for the New Year and it was nice to meet them. anyway back home at about 9.40 and settled down with the TV until midnight when as usual I went out to the street to listen to the Ships hooters and sirens sounding at midnight, Chris and Kim came out from opposite as did Penny, Jack, and their two daughters from next door, so we all ended up over at Chris and Kim,s for a drink, and I was back indoors by 12.40 and in bed by 1.00 am.



Slept well last night, woke up once at 4.30 for the bathroom then back to sleep and woke at 8.30, went and made a coffee and then back to bed. put on the TV and there was a film starting on True Entertainment at 9.30. It was the "Walton,s Movie" John boys marriage, so I went and made some porridge for breakfast and took it back to bed to watch the movie until 11.00 am when I got up. I Have Virgin Media in the lounge and I do not have that channel on there I only have it on Free Sat in the Bedroom. what a good way to start the New Year.

New Years Day in Portsmouth UK.
Well I eventually made it into the lounge and decided that I should really go round to The shop and get a couple of bits and pieces as it is going to rain later on and I need to go out while it is dry, so off I go to Tesco Express and get the sugar and also some Milk. that does not take long, not many people around today yet so now I am back home it is time for a coffee and then an afternoon of Facebook and TV, It is a good job I went round the shops when I did as it is now 12.30 and it is raining quite hard. The weather is not nice as you can see from the Photo of Portsmouth Harbour taken at 12.30 today.



Co-op Sausage and Mash.
Well it is now 2.00 and I am feeling peckish so decide I will have a Sausage and Mash ready meal for lunch, two pork sausages and Mashed Potato, That went down a treat and I really enjoyed it and I had a Mango in Custard desert pot to follow. so now I am feeling nice and snug and warm with the heating on so now for a nice relaxing afternoon until my son gervase comes in to see me later on in the evening.

Well it has been a pretty good day today, had a nice lazy lie in this morning, had a nice tasty lunch, and now have an evening of TV ahead of me, not nice weather today so glad I am not going out. Gervase text to say he will be on his way round soon so I will now get this Journal posted and settle with the TV. Watching NCIS on 5 USA at the moment  Gervase has Just arrived. so until tomorrow I will say Tatty bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment