Monday, January 16, 2012

To the Dietician we go.

Here we are on another Monday morning, not a bad nights sleep, went to bed at 10.30 and woke at 3.30 then went back off into a heavy sleep and woke at 6.45, got a bit of a headache, lack of caffeine I think so get a coffee and then into the lounge ready for Amanda the carer and the headache is now a distant memory, that didn't take long to clear so now to watch a bit of the news on TV until Amanda arrives.

Amanda arrives at 8.10, she is earlier today and I didn't hear her arrive today, normally I here her chaining her cycle to the gate, but today she has not got her cycle, she said that when she got on it this morning it had a flat tyre, so she is having to walk her round,s this morning, until her husband can repair the puncture tonight, anyway she soon has me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead and then she is on her way.

Portsmouth 9.00 am 16-01-12
So now it is time to get some breakfast (Porridge today) and then text Pauline to let her Know that all is OK. Pauline phone,s back to say she has booked a taxi for 9.50 as she is coming with me to see the dietician at St Mary's treatment centre today. I have an appointment to see the dietician at 10.30.

After I have had breakfast I check the live webcam at Gunwharf as it is a nice sunny day today, lovely clear blue skies but the temperature is only 4ᴼ c so it is quite cold so will need to wear warm clothing when I go out today Here is the Picture of Portsmouth taken at 9.00 am today.

Main entrance to St Mary's.
Now it is time to get a shave and dress ready for when Pauline comes, Pauline arrives with the Taxi at 10.00 am so I am just about ready, the taxi has to wait but only for a couple of minutes and then we are off for the short journey round to St Mary's we get there in 8 min,s so we have a wander and I take a couple of Photo,s, One of the entrance which you can see here and then we go in and let them Know at reception that we are there, so now to wait in the waiting room, it is now 10.25.

The Michelin Man.
We do not have long to wait before the Dietician come to collect us, She is a very pleasant young lady, and takes Pauline and I to the consulting room, we have a nice chat and I give her the  record of the food I have eaten during the previous 7 days and she has not got a problem with the diet I am on, she would like to eat a little more fruit every day and also to have at least one fruit juice drink a day, She is happy that I am putting on weight, and weighs me and I weigh 11 stone 4 pound which is an increase of about 1 stone since the 17th November when I was weighed when I went for my Lung function test. so I  have increased by half a stone a month, this corresponds to my going from a puree diet to a soft lumps diet, How much of this weight increase is down to my diet and how much is down to the Prednisolone is open to debate. the way I am going I will end up like the Michelin man, so hopefully I can get referred for Physio Therapy, but I also need to try and walk further on a daily basis without overdoing it.

Balanced Diet ???
The Dietician is also going to write to My Doctor and also my Neurologist to see if I can discontinue my daily Thiamin Hydrochloride Tablets and my Vitamin b strong tablets and replace with a single daily Multi vitamin tablet as she feels my diet is giving me sufficient vitamins. she also is recommending that I no longer need the Protein shakes (Fresubin) but is happy for me to continue with the Complan shakes as and when I feel like them.

Well that was a worth while visit and quite positive so will now discuss this with my Neurologist when I see him in February and hopefully we can taper the Prednisolone down a little more. so now to get a coffee in the cafeteria and then a taxi home..

Milton Park in the winter sunshine.
we get the Taxi to my house and then Pauline goes on to her Place as she has things to do and she will be back round tomorrow to take me shopping to Asda,  I get a coffee and then decide before I get changed I will go and take a walk to the park and then I can get some fruit and milk from the Tesco Express, The Park at milton is not far but after Saturday I think I can do the walk to and around the park on a daily basis when the weather is fine, anyway no time like the present so that is what I do so Coat on, Cane in Hand , and off I go.

Well that was an enjoyable walk, the park is not far from me, only down at the winter road Junction so it is not far, and plenty of benches around if I need to sit, I go into tesco on the way back and get my bits and pieces and then make my way back home into the warm. By this time it is 1.00 pm so time to get dinner prepared and the vegetable into the steamer and the Pork chop into the oven and then dinner at 1.45 ( minced pork chop with 3 veg and Gravy) and it is very tasty, I still have to mince down some meats to be able to swallow them and Pork is one of those meats. anyhow when in tesco I bought one of there "Fresh Fruit Salad pack,s" so I have that after my dinner it was very nice actually a selection of (Pineapple, Grape, Blueberry, Mango , Kiwi and Melon) so that was refreshing, so now to get this Journal Posted, The washing up done, a coffee made and then a cat nap before Pointless at 5.15 on BBC1 and it is now 3.55 so until tomorrow I will say Adios Amigo,s


No comments:

Post a Comment