Saturday, January 21, 2012

Its a Happy (Feet) Saturday

Langstone Harbour Marina.
So here we are on the south coast of England The skies are blue, the sun is shining, and what am I doing on the bright sunny winter day, sat indoors watching the animation film "Happy Feet", well what better way to spend a very cold Saturday as although it looks very nice outside it is cold with a strong wind gusting up to 60 MPH according to the weather station at Langstone harbour

A good nights sleep.
I had a really good nights sleep last night, lost track of time doing my weekly household accounts and budget for jan/feb and it was almost 11.30 when I went to bed, but slept through until 7.30 when the alarm clock went off, stayed in bed dozing until 8.30 when I got up and made a coffee and went into the lounge to await the weekend carer, whoever that may be, It will be interesting to see what time they arrive today.

Get here on time.
The time is nearly 9.00 am. I have checked my e-mails and facebook and just about to go and get some breakfast when the carer arrives, It is Guy today so that is OK. I get on Ok with guy it does not take him long to get me washed and groomed and then he says that he needs to come round on Monday about 3.00 pm as the care company needs to do a risk assessment. I ask what is that for and he explain,s that the have to carry out a risk Assessment on any risks in the house to either me or to the carer,s, I explain that the only risk that the carers have is from my Walking stick if they keep turning up late on the Weekend,s. so we have a laugh and he goes on his way, so I will see him on Monday Afternoon.

Dole Fruit cup.
It is now 9.15 So now to get some breakfast, I have two Wheatabix and then a little "Dole" pot of "tropical fruit" in fruit juice, it is very refreshing and I enjoyed that. so now to make a coffee and then to watch a couple of episodes of time team on the TV before heading of round to tesco express for a few bits and pieces.

 The time has passed in a flash today and it is nearly 1.45 and nearly time for lunch so off round to Tesco express for some milk and fruit drink and then back home for an afternoon in front of the TV and some lunch of Crisp bread and Egg Mayonnaise.

The weather is not to bad today, and although the sun is shining there is a strong gusting wind, which makes it feel very cold although sitting indoor looking out of the window it looks like a warm spring day, still as the say appearances can be deceiving.
Portsmouth 2.55 Today.
Well back from Tesco Express and the postman has been and there is a letter from the speech therapist so will have to see what she has to say in her report, for as you know I saw her in December. however the weather is still nice and I am watching the film "Happy Feet" on the Tv so every thing is warm and cosy indoors. you can see by the picture of portsmouth taken at 2.55 today how nice the weather is.

I have just looked at the report from the Speech Therapist, it is a copy of the report she has sent to my GP and also the Neurologist and the Dietician. It is quite a good report and certainly shows my progress with my Swallowing since I was Diagnosed Dysphagia and DM in April last year. The main points made were

  • No concerns regarding appetite or weight.
  • Good levels of Hydration
  • Reflux is well managed
  • intra oral examination showed good range, strength and speed of movement 
  • voice quality presented as clear
  • Voluntary cough was effective 
  • Voluntary swallow presented as prompt with adequate laryngeal raise and fixture
  • Upper respiratory tract clear on cervical auscultation.
  • Further Barium Swallow test not felt necessary due to continued improvement.
  • recommended to proceed to soft lumps diet
  • Review in 6 months, unless required earlier by Mr Smith.
So all in all a good report from the Speech Therapist. so now it is just turned 4.00 pm so I will get this journal posted to my blog and get ready for a nice evening of TV, so until tomorrow I will say Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment