Saturday, January 28, 2012

A very cold Saturday

The Road where I live.
To Snow or Not to Snow.
The Morning has arrived and it is a nice sunny day here in Portsmouth, This is the view looking down my road, although it is sunny it is very cold, the temperature at the Langstone Harbour Marina is 5.9⁰c. The weather centre in the UK has issued a warning of Snow affecting the west and Southern regions of England on Sunday and Monday, so that should be interesting 2 mm of snow and Portsmouth will come to a standstill. 

Ah !! Television.
Anyway back to today, not a very exciting day today, I have got the heating on and apart from going round to tesco sometime this morning I will be staying in and keeping warm, it seem funny sat here in the lounge with the heating on and looking out the window at Blue sky and Sunshine. so it is going to be a day of sitting in front of the TV ( no change there then)

Must get Coffee.
Woke this morning after a pretty good nights sleep although was awake earlier today (6.00 am) but then yesterday I did rest most of the day and also had a nap in the afternoon, Anyway put on the TV News and go and make a coffee and some wheatabix for breakfast and take them back to bed,  !! AH  Breakfast in bed.!!  so stay in bed until 8.00 and then make my way into the lounge to watch TV in there while waiting for the carer.


As it is the weekend, I do not know what time the carer will come today, however the carer arrives at 9.15, It is a new carer today, She is a young polish girl, very polite and tells me she is studying English at Portsmouth University as she wants to be an English Teacher in Poland. She soon has me washed and Groomed and then she is on her way.
I forgot to ask her why she has so many bags with her, perhaps she has got some shopping for one of her other clients. 

It is Now Getting on for 11.00 am, have been watching some repeat episodes of Time team but need to get round to Tesco Express and get a couple of bits and Pieces that I need. I will walk there round the block  (the other direction than I did Yesterday) for the exercise and will take my camera with me. It is nice walking in the son although it is very cold. I soon get to Tesco Express and get Milk, Banana,s, Fruit drink and a tin of Sardines in sunflower oil for my lunch. and then get back home indoors out of the cold and make a nice hot Ovaltine.
Goldsmith Avenue in the Shadows. 

I go on to the laptop and check my e-mails and Facebook and then decide that as it is now 1.30 I will get some lunch. I got some sardines round Tesco so decide to have the Sardines on a couple of Crispbread with a nice cup of tea. It does not take long to prepare and it is very enjoyable, it is a few months since I last had Sardines, certainly easier to eat them now than it was.

Last of the Summer wine. Longest running sitcom in the world.
So that is lunch over and the washing up done so now to settle down and get this journal written and posted and then settle down with the newspaper and the crossword puzzle,s for a couple of hours before getting Dinner at 6.00 and then an evening of TV watching reruns of one of my favourite comedy series " Last of the summer wine" on "Yesterday" from 8.00 until 10.00 


So now it is 3.45 and the sun has now gone in and the temperature is falling, so "To Snow or not to Snow. That is the Question" we shall see tomorrow morning so until then I will bid you all a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment