Saturday, January 7, 2012

Forward into Saturday.

Rip Van Winkle.
And another good nights sleep,  The way it is going at the moment, I think they will be re-naming me Rip Van Winkle. still I have gone so long with very limited sleep throughout this illness that I think my body is starting to catch up on all the sleep it has missed. Either that or I am getting lazy in my old age.



I woke this morning at 7.30 with the following song going through my head.

Suzy Q
You'll wonder where the yellow went
When you brush your teeth with Pepsodent.

I think I have been watching to many vintage commercial,s on You tube and on the Internet Archive site. The Pepsodent one is a 1950,s animated Suzy Q broadcast in the USA and UK

Portsmouth Harbour 9.30 07-01-12
It is a far better day today, the sun is stating to break through the clouds so I go and make a coffee and then into the lounge to watch the BBC 1 news on Tv until the carer turns up, so as it is Saturday they won't be here that early so go and make some porridge for breakfast and then settle down in the recliner, the time is now 8.30 so get the laptop fired up and check the e-mails and also see who is on facebook.
There is now a clear blue sky and the sun is shining so it is going to be a good day weather wise, although it is chilly outside. the picture of Portsmouth harbour was taken from the live webcam at 9.30 am today.

Mick needs Glasses.
So far it has not been a bad day today, at 9.40 Mick the carer arrives, I get on OK with mick, so that is ok it is just that I wish that they would get here earlier on a weekend, as Amanda does during the week. anyway Mick soon has me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead, and then makes his way to his next client. I now make a coffee and then have a shave and get dressed as I want to take a walk over to B&Q this morning to get some fresh air in the winter sunshine.


B&Q The pompey centre, Fratton.( Stock Photo)
So at 10.30 I make my way over to B&Q at the Pompey Centre. It is a pleasant walk in the Sunshine and the fresh air is nice, the wind has dropped right down now, and there is just a gentle breeze blowing. it takes about 20 minutes to take a slow walk there, once there I see Mike in the Gardening Department, Bill and Sue in the Electrical Department and Janet in Hardware, I have a nice chat and a laugh with them all and then make my way back home as it is now 11.50 and the legs are starting to ache.
As I cross the car park on my way home I meet Pauline,s Sister Janet and her Husband Fred. Fred looks well, as he has had health problems the last few years, anyway we have a chat and then they make there way into B&Q and I make my way back home.

4 Cheese Pizza, "Yummy" 
On the way home I go into Tesco Express and get some bits and pieces that I need and then into Home and a nice sit down and a cup of coffee. It is now 12.40 and I will have to think about lunch in 20 minutes. At 1.00 pm I decide to get some lunch and my afternoon med,s so decide I am going to try a "Chicago town mini Pizza" I have a couple of 4 cheese Frozen ones I have just got from Tesco, so they take 20 min,s to cook so that is OK so one goes in the oven and one goes in the freezer for another day

Well the Pizza was ready at 1.25 so I had that with a glass of Tropical fruit juice followed by an Activia Yogurt. and very tasty it was to, The Pizza was a bit of hard work to get that down( very small bites, lots of chewing and many sips of juice) but we had success, That is the first Pizza I have eaten for over 12 months so really did enjoy it but not something i could eat that often at the moment, but it is getting better.

So That has been a really good day, have spoken to my son Gervase, He is back home from his two days in london, so it is now nearly 3.30 so I am going to get this journal posted to my blog and then I am off to bed for a cat nap as I am feeling the affects of the Jaunt over to B&Q this morning so until tomorrow I will say Adios.


No comments:

Post a Comment