Friday, August 19, 2011

At last they listen

Good morning/afternoon one and all and so we reach another Friday and another 15 mg of Methotrexate. it seems that it has not given me the adverse effect of previous Fridays so perhaps I am getting used to it, but certainly as I reduce the Prednisolone I can feel that my energy levels are dropping just as the Neurologist said they would until the body starts to produce its own steroid. At least it gives me an excuse to have a doze in the armchair.!!

The weather is a lot more settled today , a bit of sunshine and some cloud but a lot better than yesterday,although we missed the flash flooding that they had in Dorset thank goodness, the air is a bit heavy today so not to good for the breathing




At Last they Listen


After discussions with my son yesterday evening I decided to phone adult social services again today to see about getting an assessment of my care needs in the home. As those of you who follow my blog know I have been asking about this for a few weeks now, I had the original assessment in hospital for my release home after diagnosis of DM, and was released home on the 25th May with a 5/6 week limited care plan, which was supposed to be reviewed after 6 weeks, This has not happened, however today I have had some success, I spoke to the department this morning and the phoned back and arranged to come and do an assessment in the home on Monday.


It was hard work and determination to convince them that my care needs had changed over the 13 week period that I had been at Home, My medication dosages had changed and so had my mobility, and with it my need,s anyway perhaps now we will get some results.










More positive news, Just phoned the Doctors and the blood test results for this week have come back Normal so that is a good result, so all in all a decent day today, just hope that I can soon get a decent nights sleep, as I am reluctant to go down the sleeping tablet route, I take enough med,s as it is and do not want to take more



No comments:

Post a Comment