Saturday, August 27, 2011

" I Did It My Way "

In the words of the song by Frank Sinatra "I did it my way" or from the moon landing  " one small step for man" "one giant step for Frank " reached another milestone today walked from my house to the local B&Q store unaided " YESSSSSSSSS "   little by little I will regain my independence.

Woke up this morning about 2.30 and then slept on and off until I got up at 7.00 am. Not a good nights sleep at all. anyway carer came at about 9.45 and so I am now ready for the day ahead.



Decided to have lunch early today at 12.30 that was quite nice so have decided that I would go out to see how far I could walk today, the weather is not to bad, sunny but a little breezy and Portsmouth are playing Cardiff at Fratton park today so there will be a few people around


took my time and walked slowly and got to the local B&Q store, that was a journey well worth doing, saying that once I got there I needed the electric scooter to get around the store, but well worth the effort, saw some of my old workmates so had a good chat with them, catching up on all the news.
There was a lot of people around going to the soccer match, the one thing that really got me was the smell of the burgers, I so wanted one but can,t eat or swallow them due to the dysphagia (but one Day).

Anyway, enjoyed the walk over now to get back home, cheated here and got a taxi to the local tesco, got some milk and chicken for dinner tonight and walked home from there so all in all a good although exhausting afternoon, anyway got indoors, changed and made a coffee and then decided to have a short nap in bed
. slept for about 40 mins and then woke and feeling refreshed so pleased that I made the effort, knowing I can now relax and take it easy for the rest of the afternoon and evening.


Good end to the afternoon Portsmouth drew with Cardiff at Fratton Park the final score was Portsmouth 1 - Cardiff 1 so on that note Cheerio until tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment