Monday, August 1, 2011

Hi Ho, August is here.

Hello people, and so we go into August, it is surprising where the days go to, it is almost a year since I started to notice a change in my health and what turned out to be a turbulent year. still we got there in the end, found out what it is, and started treatment, and the rest as they say is "History"

Well another good day today so far, slept well last night, woke up at 4.30 am and them again at 6.30 so that was ok, lazed in bed until 7.45 and decided better get up ready for the carer.



Thought I would try and go for a short stroll today, set the target to get to Tesco in Goldsmith Avenue, used to be able to do it in about 5 min,s each way (its only round the corner), well I did it ( Puff,Puff,Puff) took me 55 min.s to do the round trip, jesus I am Knackered !!!!!!!!!!!!BUT!!!!!!!!! no muscle flare showing on the hands or knees

Well Back home and rested for a while, although it knackered me, I am glad I tried the walk as it is the only way that I can judge if any progress is being made and how much, also gives me that little bit of independence, anyhow will leave it now until I see the Consultant on the 15th, and see where we go with Medication and Physiotherapy from there.

Have had several people from around that have asked about the puree diet as they also have Dysphagia (Swallowing Difficulties),  as they find it expensive and repetitive bringing in Puree meals from Outside caterer,s.

I found the same when I used to buy them ready made, also they did not always suit my needs so now I experiment with all kinds of things, from fresh Ingredients, Frozen Ingredients, And ready meals from Asda and /or Tesco. For example this is tonight,s Menu:

  • Chicken in a white sauce
  • Cauliflower Cheese
  • swede and carrot mash
  • Cheesy mash potato.
This is a quick and easy meal to prepare, as you will see as I go through the ingredients and the method of preparation.

Chicken in white wine sauce comes in a tin from Asda, it is 82p a tin and I can get two meals out of it.
all you need to do is to add half the tin to a jug and blend it down with the hand blender.

Cauliflower cheese is a ready meal from Asda it is £2.00 and again it will do two meals, again add to a jug and blend down

Swede and carrot mash is Aunt bessie,s frozen from Asda, I just put some into the steamer, and steam it for 10 mins,

Cheesy Mash Potato is a instant Mash Potato, I just use two Table spoon full,s and add boiling water and mix with a fork.

The last thing I do is make extra white sauce using  a couple of spoon full,s of Bisto white sauce granules  and add boiling water, this gives the extra fluid I need to swallow the meal

once you have blended the Chicken and the Cauliflower cheese just put it on a plate, cover and heat in a microwave for about 3 to 4 min,s, mash the swede and carrot mash with a fork, using a little butter and also mix the Smash , add those to the plate and add extra sauce as required and there you have it a nice tasty and quick meal at very little cost.

Oh well Time to put away the laptop, had a text from Leanne, to say she will be popping in to see me about 3.30 to 4.00 so will see you all again tomorrow. hope you all have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment