Friday, August 12, 2011

One Day To Go.

Good Morning Folk,s In the words of Herman's Hermits

♪♫♬ Woke up this morning feeling fine ♬♪♭
♭♪♬ There,s Something special on my mind ♫♪♪

Dave and Jodie 2010
Well one day to go until my Niece Jodie gets married to Dave.  I was hoping to get to the wedding but unfortunately this is not possible, as the wedding is down in Kent, which is where Dave originates from.
To try and do so in one day would be too much at the moment and it is not feasible with my dysphagia and my lack of mobility ie (getting in and out of bed) to stay overnight in a hotel.

The wedding is being held at Boughton Monchelsea place, Nr Maidstone.  hopefully the day will be fine and sunny for the happy couple. and I look forward to seeing the photo,s on facebook within an hour or two of the wedding LOL.

Well folks its Friday again " Methotrexate day " so not a good morning today, always have a bad few hours after taking the medication, nothing in particular just feel very UGHHHHH for a few hours, but it normally wears off later in the day so not a major problem in the grand scheme of things.

Did not have a very good night last night but that was down to me. Woke about 3.30 and felt thirsty,should have known better at my age and just had a sip of water but OH NO not me made a coffee and had some biscuits then went back to sleep woke at 7.00 am with terrible acid reflux and heart burn (will I never learn). Answers on a postcard to "Serves you bloody well right . UK ". So I then spend the next 30 minutes walking around to disperse all the wind etc, still what else is there to do at 7.00 am in the morning.

Well it is now 1.40 pm, and all is settling down here, I managed breakfast at about 9.30 and the reaction from the methotrexate is subsiding so all is going back to normal, what a jolly life we lead, So must think about getting dinner on the go soon, Roast Chicken joint today, with steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower and some mashed potato, this will go down well with some chicken gravy, at least this way I only have to Puree the chicken, the vegetable can just be mashed down with a fork, as the swallowing is getting a little easier, although not by that much.

No visitors today but that is probably just as well after the week that I have had, it is nice to have a day where I can now relax in front of the TV or work on the laptop, now that all is settling down. so I will leave you all to enjoy your day while I go and get my dinner and will be back tomorrow with another exciting episode of life with Dermatomyositis. and hopefully some wedding photographs. Tatty Bye Everybody.





No comments:

Post a Comment