Thursday, August 4, 2011

Washout Thursday :

Hello again one and all, another day begins but looks like the trip down to commercial road with Pauline today, to do a bit of shopping will have to be placed on hold as it is pouring with rain, and there is no way I am going to sit in a wheel chair and get soaked to the skin.

The one good thing about the weather as I have said before is that it is easier to breath when it is not humid and hot but !!!! DONT SEND THE RAIN !!!!.

So what will we do today then well pauline just phoned to say that she will be here about 11.00 so I think I will have another go at phoning the Adult care dept at the hospital about my care plan, this is an ongoing saga as I am still under the re-enablement care plan which I was informed when I left Hospital to come home would last for 5 to 6 weeks and then would be re-assessed. so lets give it another go, will let you know the outcome.




Oh Well not a lot changed there then several words come to mind here at the moment, " Banging" "Brick" "Against" "Wall" "Head" "A" (re-arrange these words into a famous saying)   Here is a clue➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤➤
Well got through to the re-enablement people at the Adult social care dept at the Hospital, tried to explain what I wanted to know ie "Since leaving hospital my care needs have changed and I think I need to be re-assessed as I have not been assessed in my home, the only assessment that has been carried out was by them when I was in Hospital. to cut a long story short:

the girl said "it is ok as the re-enablement care will last for 5 to 6 weeks and then some one will come and assess you at home"

to which I replied " That is where I have a problem as the re-enablement was started on the 25th of May and it is now the 4th of August"

she replies "that is ok after the 6 weeks they will be in contact"


I then say "25th May to 4th of August is that not more than 6 weeks"

to which she then says " That is more than 6 weeks"

at that point I decide that I am getting nowhere fast so ask to speak to a supervisor, surprise surprise , they are all busy and will phone me back tomorrow, Memo to self  "Dont Hold Breath"


Oh well the excitement never ends, maybe tomorrow I will get some kind of answer but I won't bank on it, anyway Pauline has arrived, so off to kitchen to make a coffee and have a nice chat, pauline has bought my washing back today for me so that is nice and we are going to sort out some more of the junk from upstairs,  Pauline also pops round to Tesco Express for me to get some milk,

My Son Gervase just phoned to say he won,t be round today as he has a jippy tummy and is going home from work early to get a rest, it is not worth him coming round if he has a virus as being on the Methotrexate, it leaves me susceptible to infection and viruses so best to be on the safe side.

Just had the phone call from the GP.s Surgery to say that the results of the weekly blood test was in and that the Blood Count was satisfactory and the Liver Function Test (LFT) was also Satisfactory, next blood test will be on tuesday.



Well there you go folks another exciting day in my life. time now to think about what to puree for dinner, I cooked a chicken breast yesterday so might puree that and have it with Cheesy mash Potato, Cauliflower and Broccoli. and a nice chicken gravy. so until tomorrow, and another exciting episode, bye bye

No comments:

Post a Comment