Sunday, November 20, 2011

Another Let down by social Care.

A Decent nights sleep.
Here we are then another Sunday is upon us and although I had a decent nights sleep  (only woke once at 4.30) I woke at 7.30 but all my leg and back muscles aching after all of yesterdays escapades, so I think today is going to be a day of TV and the laptop. still it is probably worth it as I did enjoy getting out of the house for a few hours,and I thought I may suffer today as yesterday evening the back of my hands got very red especially around the knuckle,s anyway no good moaning about it, I have to accept it is part and parcel of the Dermatomyositis and get on with my day, so coffee and the TV news.

Aching Joints and Muscles today

As I said I am all achey today so will stay in bed until 9.00 as the carer won,t be round that early on a sunday so will rest and hopefully the aches may subside a little, or Not as the case may be, don't really want to take any pain killers as I take enough medication as it is. anyway I decide to get up at 8.30 and take a bit of a stroll around the house, that eases the muscles ( loosens them up) so go and watch the TV in the front room.



Another Cancellation.
So I go and get some Porridge for breakfast and watch the news on the TV, and at 9.30 the phone rings, I think that it is Pauline phoning but when I answer the phone it is the care agency to say that they cannot get a carer to me until sometime this afternoon, well that really Pissed me off as this is happening more and more at the weekends just recently. Anyway I tell the woman on the phone that it is not acceptable, as they know why I need the carer in the morning and to forget it today and that I will be phoning Portsmouth adult social care tomorrow to complain, as I am paying for a service which they are failing to provide.

Now the reason I need the carer in the morning is that although my muscles are getting stronger they are still very weak, and I have a problem reaching above my shoulder so I cannot wash my face or my neck and I cannot comb my hair, so I need a carer to do that for me, Now because of my lack of mobility and muscle strength I have a problem putting vests and jumpers on over my head, I can manage it with time and effort but it is not feasible to get the top half of my body clothed, and then have to take of jumper shirt and vest to have a wash and then to get dressed for a second time, so in the morning I dress the lower half of my body but keep my pajama jacket on and a dressing gown until the carer has washed my face and neck and then get dressed, so I am not prepared to sit around most of the day half dressed waiting for a carer to turn up in the afternoon.

Gervase and Leanne.
Anyway I am not at all pleased with the care agency anyway get dressed and then settle in to watch the TV and to see who is on face book. Get myself some Crisp bread and cream cheese as a snack at 11.00 and some chicken soup at 1.00. also a Mr Kipling lemon slice and custard,

My son Gervase phones to say he is on the way round to see me at 2.00 pm so that is nice, he arrives about 2.30 and stays until 4.00, so we had a nice chat anyway my back is easier now but still aches a bit when I move so looks like I will be off to bed early tonight, I will get dinner on about 5.00 so it is ready for 6.00 and then a bit of TV until 10.00 before bed, so not a very good day today thanks to the care agency, it has thrown my whole day out of synch. so will leave you all in peace, so untill tomorrow and the phone call to Portsmouth Adult Social Care I will say Good Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment