Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It Is the three W,s Today

Wednesday,s Weather. "Rain"
Good morning one and all as the title says it is the three W,s Today, Wet, Windy and Wednesday, woke this morning after a decent nights sleep to a very wet and windy morning, hopefully the weather will improve throughout the day but apparently is is going to get very wet and windy again overnight and some heavy rain for tomorrow, so will not be going out today if i can help it.

Strike rally Guildhall Square
Portsmouth.
So As is usual I go and get a coffee made and then go back to bed to watch the news on BBC1 it is no surprise that the news today is all about the Public Sector strikes in the United Kingdom. there is a rally going on in Portsmouth as there is in all parts of the UK today, whether the strike will achieve anything is another matter.

However I have my coffee and at 7.45 make my way into the lounge and text Pauline to let her know all is OK here, hopefully she will miss the rain showers when she takes Misty out for her morning walk. At 8.15 Amanda arrives looking very wet and bedraggled as she travels by Bicycle, and got caught in a sharp shower. anyway she is still in a happy mood and soon has me washed and groomed ready to face the day ahead, as it is a bit of a damp and cold day I decide to have some porridge for breakfast so get that and put the heating on for an hour to take the chill out of the air.

The Rain is clearing.
So the weather is starting to clear a bit now and the rain seems to have subsided but it is still a bit chilly anyway decide that I will not go round to the Tesco Express today as I have enough supplies indoors and hopefully tomorrow I will be going down to town with Pauline so I can get anything I need so decide that I will go on the laptop and see who is on facebook and then work on a little bit of family history,

Cousin Michael
As I am working on the computer the phone rings and it is my Cousin Michael, He has phoned to say that he will be coming in to see me today and he will be here about 1.00 pm, That will be excellent as I have not seen Michael since he visited me in Hospital at Southampton so it will be excellent to see him.
Michael arrive just after 1.00 pm and I make a coffee and we have a good old natter and the time passes very quickly, anyway before we know it, it is time for Michael to make a move, hopefully it wont be so long before I see him again, so now it is time to get some lunch so I decide to have some smoked Haddock with butter and that goes down a treat and so now to settle down with the laptop and the TV for a couple of hours and get todays edition of the Daily Journal written.

Well the time is now 4.30 so I need to get this page posted to my journal and then get a coffee made before the quiz show Pointless starts on BBC1 at 5.15, that finishes at 6.00 and then it will be time to get dinner started before settling down for the evening in front of the TV.  there are the soaps to watch at 7.00 and then Foyle's war on at 9.00 on ITV 3 so that will take me up to 11.00 and bedtime

It has been a brilliant day today, apart from the weather and the highlight of the day was seeing my Cousin Michael, so until tomorrow it is time to say Tatty Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment