Thursday, November 17, 2011

Today we go to Suck and Blow

A Good Nights Sleep
And another Thursday arrives, with the promise of blue skies and Sunshine for the day ahead, went to bed at 10.00 o-clock last night and had a really good nights sleep, woke about 6.00 this morning so a good 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. so go and get a coffee made and then settle back in bed to watch the morning news on TV until 7.30 when I will get up ready for Amanda the carer when she comes at 8.15.

Pauline and Misty
Just settled down with the laptop at about 8.10 when Amanda arrives, cheerful as ever, she gets me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead and then goes on her way. I get myself sorted with some porridge for breakfast and a Coffee, the last one I will be drinking this morning, and then text Pauline to let her know all is OK here, Pauline phones back to say she I just taking Misty out for her morning run on the common and will book a Taxi for 12.30 to go with me up the Hospital for my Pulmonary Function Test,s.

As I mentioned in one of my post,s last week, when I saw my Neurologist last week, he said he was referring me for a Pulmonary Function Test, anyway on Saturday I received the appointment for 1.30 pm Today. 
QA Hospital, Portsmouth.
Pauline is getting the Taxi from her place at 12.30 and will then pick me up on the way through to QA Hospital and we should get there for 1.00 o-clock, which is 30 mins before my appointment time as recommended in the appointment letter.

We arrive at about 12.55 so as usual Pauline has a ciggi, before we make our way up to C level and find the Respiratory dept and report to the reception, no forms to fill in so we sit and wait to be called, the Doctor comes to fetch us at 1.35 and we go into the treatment room and after he takes my height and weigh,s me we go through a series of Lung Function Tests, these take about 15 min,s to complete and then he said that all was ok A bit of a low reading on the Oxygen level from the lung to the blood but all was satisfactory, so that is OK, It appears that the reason my Neurologist wanted the PFT done was because I am on Methotrexate and this can affect the lung function in some cases . 
Anyway that is all done and it was not to bad and the results were satisfactory, the equipment was like sitting in the ( Dr Who Tardis). so now Pauline and I are off to get a coffee and a sandwich in the cafeteria before heading back home.

Rowland,s Chemist, Winter Road
Well we get a sandwich and a coffee, goodness knows how these places can charge what they do, its a complete rip off anyway we phone for a Taxi and then head back home, we stop on the way to pick up my repeat prescription from the doctors surgery and then Pauline takes it into the chemist in winter road for them to deliver the medication, on monday I always like to make sure I have ample here so I do not run short, the Taxi then drops me off and takes Pauline home., so all in all a decent day. 

Well before I settle down I need to get round to Tesco Express and get some drinks and then a relaxing rest of the day in front of the TV and with the laptop untill it is time to get dinner at 6.00 pm, Cottage pie tonight, so that will be nice and easy to do but it is a cottage pie with Sweet Potato mash, it is one of the Asda great stuff ready meals. 

Well that has been a good but busy day today so will get settled in front of the TV ready for Pointless on BBC1 and will be back again with another edition tomorrow, so untill then, Tatty Bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment