Thursday, November 3, 2011

What Pauline puts up with.

Restless Night
So here we are again, another Thursday dawn,s I am awake bright and early today as I did not sleep well last night, a very restless night up until 2.00 am and then slept through until 7.15, I had a lot of acid reflux last night, probably because my diet is changing as I am starting to eat a little more "solid" food as my swallowing is starting to improve a little, so will have to mention this to the consultant when I see him next Wednesday. As usual, I make my coffee, watch the News and get up at 8.00 ready for Amanda ( the Carer) at 8.30.

Happy Amanda.
Amanda, as usual arrives at 8.30 and gets me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead, as if the weather stays fine I will be going down town with pauline to look around the shops and get a few bits and piece,s , so once Amanda goes I get myself some breakfast  (Honey Nut Flakes ) today, It is so nice to be able to have something different than porridge for breakfast. Once I have eaten I phone Pauline and she will be round about 11.00 so that gives me time to get on the laptop for an hour or so before getting myself ready to go out down to Commercial Road.



Debenhams, Commercial Road.
Well it is 11.00 am and Pauline arrives and so I phone the Taxi Company to book the taxi to take us down to the Commercial road Precinct so we can have a look around the shops and also so I can book an appointment with the opticians for another eye test, I had one done in February, but then I Chose Bi-focal glasses but I can,t get on with Bi-focal,s and need to go back to Vari-Focal,s, anyway taxi arrives about 11.15 so they get the wheelchair into the taxi and off we Go., I get the taxi to drop us off at Debenham,s as I need to pay my account and then we can make our way into the precinct from there.

A Lost Brain Cell

Anyway get into Debenham,s, Fight our way into the lift to get to the first floor and so I can pay my account and then get back out as fast as we can, The customer service in Debenham,s was very poor today, there were 3 girls working behind the Customer Service desk and I don't think they had a brain cell between them.

Specsaver,s Portsmouth
Anyway Next stop is Specsaver,s, Unfortunately this is down at the other end of the precinct and Thursday is market day so there are a lot of people around today as they are starting to get in the Christmas shopping, Lots of Young Mum,s with screaming Kids, anyway we make our way with the wheelchair down to Specsaver,s. and go in to make an Appointment for an eye test, A very nice assistant deals with us and we have an Appointment for next Thursday, but she suggested that I have a word with my Neurologist next Wednesday and make sure that the medication does not affect my eyesight, or if I need to wait until the medication has been stabilized.

Poor Pauline she has not only had to endure pushing me in the wheelchair from one end of Commercial road to the other but the embarrassment of me sitting in the wheel chair singing a little ditty.
♬♬♬ I don,t care if the weathers crap, as I am always happy ♫♫♫
♬♬♬ Cause when I am out in my wheelchair, I always wear a nappy ♫♫♫
Primark, Commercial Road.
I only do it because it winds her up ( She takes it all in good spirit)  anyway we decide to have a rest so we stop for coffee and a Sausage roll ( I even managed to eat that ), and then off to Primark to get a couple of cardigans, as it is difficult to get jumpers over my head so wear cardigans instead and Pauline wants to get some socks for Gordon.

Well I get a couple of cardigans and pauline gets the socks for gordon and then we get out and phone for a Taxi to take us back home.
Well that was an enjoyable couple of hours with a few laughs along the way and another few pound spent, so a nice coffee and chat before Pauline makes her way home. Check the Answering Machine and no Messages and no calls from the doctor regarding blood test results yesterday, anyway an early posting today as I have my son Gervase coming round shortly to visit ( he always comes round on a Thursday)  so another enjoyable day and then tonight we have Pointless on BBC1 at 5.15, I get dinner at 6.00 and then the Soaps from 7.00 until 9.00 and then at 9.00 the film "Last King of Scotland" so that is tonight taken up. so until tomorrow I will say cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment