Friday, November 11, 2011

Another Methotrexate Day

Methotrexate.
Good Morning one and all and welcome to another fun filled Friday, Friday as you probably know now is Methotrexate Day, well today I need to be up and about because it is also Remembrance Day and I need to be able to get out and about today regardless how I feel so I was awake at 5.30 to take the Methotrexate in the hope that the effects will have settled down by 10.00. anyway get that out the way and then get back to sleep for another couple of hours.

Diprobase.
Well it is now 7.40 and have just woken up so need to get a coffee made and then into the front room ready for amanda the carer when she comes at 8.30, have a look at the TV news while I wait for Amanda and true to form she turns up at 8.30 and after a quick chat she gets my face and neck washed and my hair combed ready for the day ahead and also put the Diprobase cream on my legs, I do try to do this myself but still find it difficult to reach down low enough to be able to do it and got no chance doing my feet. The Diprobase is the only lotion that does my hands, arms and feet.

Dermol 500
This Diprobase along with the Dermol 500 in place of soap really has made a big difference to the very dry and cracked skin that I was suffering from on most of my body
Anyway that is enough about that I now need to go and have a shave and then get dressed ready for the day ahead, I was hoping to get down to the cenotaph in Portsmouth this morning but to be honest after taking the Methotrexate on a friday I really do not feel up to it so will probably go on Sunday.

B&Q Portsmouth.
So I decide instead to have a stroll over to B&Q to see who is over there and to join my ex-workmates in the 2 min silence there at 11.00 am, so get myself dressed and walk over there at 10.00. takes me about 15 min,s so not bad going. I see a few of my old workmates including Bill and Lee on Electrical, Sue on Pricing, Janet and Terry on Decor, Janet on Hardware and also Donna and Sarah on Front end. Also have a chat with Gary and Lynn Hobbs so it was nice to see everyone and I stand with Sarah and Donna for the two minute silence.

Cenotaph WW1 and WW2 Memorial
As I said previously I had hoped to go down to the Cenotaph today in Portsmouth Guildhall Square for the British Legion Remembrance parade but I really did not feel up to it, I was hoping the effects of the Methotrexate would have subsided enough by 10.00 am but unfortunately not enough so any way will have to get down to the war memorial on Sunday for the Remembrance Sunday Parade.

Royal Navy war memorial.
I really want to go on Sunday as the War Memorial on Southsea common is the Royal Navy memorial and my Uncle Frank ( Who I was named after) Francis Clifford Smith is honored on the War Memorial on Plate 38. he was on North Sea Patrol on HMS Javelin on the 13 th July 1940 when he was killed in Action at 22 years of Age.

However lets get back to today, I got back home taking a detour round Tesco to get some milk and chicken for tonight and am now back indoors and feel absolutely knackered, I should really take it easy on a Friday, but that would be so boring anyway as usual I have overdone it but it was worth it so I think I will have a nice bowl of cream of chicken soup, take my lunchtime medication and then go for a lie down for an hour or so.

A lunchtime Nap ?
Had lunch and went for a lie down about 2.00 pm, got up at 3.00 and feel on top of the world, the effects of the Methotrexate have worn off and I have not got the stiffness in my legs that I used to have after walking to B&Q so  not to bad today, I am glad I went over and saw everyone today. The weather is not that good today, very overcast, still they do give rain for the weekend, so wont be going out much if its raining.

Todays quote of the day is :

" If at first you don't succeed then try again you lazy blighter "

Oh well That is pretty much how my day went today so apart from getting dinner on at 6.00 I will be resting most of the evening in front of the TV so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment