Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The curse of the Acid Reflux.

Thank goodness it is time to get up, it is 7.30 and that has been a night of waking and dozing, so much acid reflux throughout the night, don,t think I should have had that spaghetti in tomato sauce at lunch time yesterday, it,s been repeating on me ever since, OH well some you win , some you lose, to be honest the night probably wasn't as bad as I think it was I am just used to these better nights lately.

Anyway get up and make a coffee and then ger ready for Amanda the carer, she will be here about 8.15 today, she has started to get here a little earlier lately due to her other patients she cares for, anyway it suits me as I have Pauline coming round today to take me down to Asda at Fratton to do a decent food shop.

Back on the laptop again
Once Amanda goes I get myself some porridge for breakfast ( must remember to get some wheatabix at Asda) and then go and have a shave and get dressed ready to go out, the weather is quite sunny today but very cold about 10 c about normal for the time of the year. anyway pauline phones to say she will be getting a Taxi at 10.30 so will be here by 10.45 so that gives me an hour on the laptop, to catch up on Facebook.

Well it is now 10.30 so make sure I get the wheelchair ready to go in the Taxi and make sure I have my wallet and shopping list at the ready, so that when Pauline gets here with the taxi I am all ready to go.

Asda at Fratton

The Taxi and Pauline arrives about 10.45 ad so we get the wheelchair and me into the Taxi and off we go to Asda at the Bridge centre in Fratton .

Once we get to Asda pauline needs to go upstairs to the Household section to look at a few things so I wheel myself round to the Ready meal Aisle to see what if any of the ready meals I fancy, not a great deal there that I fancy but i do get a cottage pie meal and also a spaghetti carbonara, the cottage pie I could probably eat without pureeing and the Carbonara puree,s down a treat, so that is OK. 
Freedom in a wheelchair.
By the time I have finished that Aisle Pauline is back down so we then look at the fresh vegetable and also the cooked meats. 

It is not too busy here today, I think people must be cutting back on their spending with Christmas on the horizon, I have noticed that Asda has got all its christmas fare out on display, it gets earlier every year.

Anyway we get around Asda and it seems that Pauline is doing a bigger shop than I am, and this is proved at the till as her bill is larger than mine " Tough "

Back at Home by 12.45
Well that is the shopping done and out the way so now we go out and ring for a Taxi to take back to my place, Pauline is going to come in for a coffee before she makes her way back home, just looked at my watch and it is 12.30 we have been down here for 90 minutes, didn't seem that long to me , anyway Taxi arrives so we load up and off we go home.

Well we arrive back home and while Pauline and the Taxi driver get the stuff out the Taxi, I go and get the kettle on to make Pauline and I a coffee, we deserve it after all that shopping, Pauline helps me put my shopping away and then we have a coffee and a Sausage roll, which goes down well.
Medication delivery.
Once we have finished that and had a short chat Pauline Kindly says she will take my washing to do ( Bless her) and so I phone for a Taxi for her and she is going to drop my repeat prescription off at the doctors for me and collect it when she comes round on Thursday, so it can go into the chemist ready for them to deliver to me on Friday as I can,t afford to run out of the medication.

So pauline makes her way home and I get myself a dish of Chicken soup and a coffee and then settle down for a short nap in the chair until 3.00 o clock and then get back on the Laptop and also watch a bit of TV.
Waterloo Station, London
It is now 4.10 so I think I will get this todays edition of my daily journal finished and posted now, as I will be getting dinner on about 5.30 ready for 6.00 tonight as I will be off down to my son Gervase at 7.30 for the evening, He is up in London, working today so he won't be home until later this evening otherwise I may have gone down a little earlier. Just as I was writing this my mobile rings and it is Gervase to say he is just walking from the office to Waterloo station to get the train home, so he should be back in Portsmouth by 7.00.

Well that was about as exciting as my day got today enjoyed seeing Pauline, Enjoyed going out to Asda, Enjoyed the Sausage roll and will enjoy going down to see Gervase and Leanne tonight, so all in all an Enjoyable day. so untill tomorrow, Tatty Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment