Sunday, November 6, 2011

Another Sunny Sunday.

The day,s just begun
I can't take any more
I,m relaxing in bed
There,s a knock on the door.

Good Heaven,s its Sunday
It,s a quarter past Eight
I am having a lie in
Its not very late.

So still in my Jim Jams
I open the door,
Face to face with the carer
who has come, on her call.

Good Grief you are early
I say with a grin.
I am sorry she say,s
will you please let me in.

Care worker.
Now as you all know, usually the carer either turns up late on a Sunday or does not turn up at all. anyway this is a carer who I have not seen before and she had been at the front door for about 20 mins and even phoned the office to see if she had the right address, so I apologized for keeping her waiting and she gets me washed and groomed  and goes on her way, so I make a coffee and some porridge and go back to bed. " Sorted".

Sunday Lie In.
Well after that surprise I decide to have my porridge in bed and get up about 9.30, that was a very pleasant lie in, I had the curtains open and the sun was streaming in through the window. anyway it is 9.30 and cant lie here all day so get up and text Pauline to let her know all is OK and then settle down with the laptop for an hour.



Seeing as it is a nice sunny day I decide to have a stroll down to Milton Park and then go into Tesco on the way back and get some milk and Fruit drinks and also some chicken for dinner tonight.
A Yeti in Milton Park Portsmouth
It was a pleasant stroll down to the park and back but although it is nice and sunny with blue sky, there is a very cold breeze, so did not stay out to long although I was wrapped up well with coat, gloves, scarf and hat, " Felt a bit like a "Yeti"

So make my way back home via Tesco express and get back in doors where it is a lot warmer but, I did enjoy the walk, anyway soon after getting back indoors my son Gervase phones to say he is on his way round to see me, that is good as I need him to replace a light bulb that blew in my lounge the other evening. so make a nice coffee and settle down with the laptop and the TV and wait for Gervase to arrive.

Replacing a light bulb.
Gervase arrives about 12.30 so that is nice, I think taking part in the Great South Run, last sunday has spurred him into a fitness regime as he Jogged round to me today instead of bringing the car, anyway it is nice to see him and we have a nice chat, I get myself some lunch at 1.00 while he is here a nice cream cheese sandwich and a Complan drink , As my old mum used to say ( Ah Complan, a meal in a mug ) anyway it goes down a treat and then gervase replaces the lightbulb for me before making his way back home at 2.00 pm.


This chicken is safe.
Well it has been a good day today so far, so now to settle down to watch the film "Cats and Dogs" on TV followed by the film " Cockleshell Heroes" on BBC 2 that is followed by a documentary on " The Battle of the River Plate "
At 6.00 I will get the dinner on  " Roast chicken with Cauliflower, Broccoli and Mashed paotato" tonight so that will be tasty, still have to puree the chicken but I now only have to Fork Mash the Vegetables down.

So there we go, another Sunday over and done with, Tonight is the last episode of Downton Abbey, but the good news is that they will be making a third series sometime next year, so a nice evening with the TV tonight so until tomorrow tatty bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment