Saturday, November 26, 2011

Bright Eyed and Bushy tailed.


Onwards and Upwards.
Well here we are again, another day dawns and what will it bring, after the last 48 hours I would not be surprised whatever happens anyway I had a slightly better night last night, went to bed about 10.00 and although I woke 3 or 4 times during the night I did not get out of bed until 8.30 today so at least things are starting to calm down now, Hands and Knees not so red and although I have still got a lot of aches in my legs/thighs/hips area it is not as bad as yesterday and I have managed to stay upright today so that is a bonus, so hopefully things will settle down over the next day or two and I can pick up making progress as I was on Thursday last. as they say "These things are meant to try us" and try me they have over the last 48 hours but in hind sight I am still in a far better condition than I was 6 months ago.

Todays breakfast.
Anyway back to today, still not that mobile today but am working on it so most of today will be spent in the recliner in front of the TV with the laptop, so the carer today is Guy, he arrives about 9.30 so that is ok and gets me washed and groomed, we have a chat about the trials and tribulations of Portsmouth Football club and then he is on his way, while I go and get a coffee made and a dish of Honey Hoops for Breakfast, I am starting to eat a wider range of food now, so that is a good sign as the swallowing is getting better every week. ( Roll on Christmas Dinner ).

Is this Gervase at the Gym ?
Well the Honey Hoops went down a treat, as I am sitting contemplating what to watch on the TV, the phone rings and it is my son Gervase phoning to see how I am today, he says that he is down the Gym with his mate but he will be round to see me about lunchtime and will pick up a prescription for me at the chemist on the way round. so that is ok it will be nice to see him. Then pauline phones to see how I am, and did I want to go down with her and Gordon today, but I declined the kind offer as I want to rest today so that I am ready to go out with them and my son etc for lunch tomorrow, anyway Gordon is putting up wallpaper in the dining room today, so they don,t want me there being in the way LOL.

The goose at Albert Road.
It is now 12.30 and I think I will get some vegetable soup for lunch today with a crisp bread and then I can have either a pork loin pureed with Mash potato and veg or a Spaghetti Carbonara for dinner tonight. so I have the soup and crispbread and just as i finish it Gervase comes round so that was good timing, he left the car at home and walked round, He must be on a fitness drive at the moment, anyway he stays about an hour and then he is off to go and see Elaine ( Leanne,s Mum) and then back home. so I enjoyed seeing him and Made sure lunch at the Goose is still on for tomorrow.
Well settle back down with the laptop now that gervase has gone, I must say at this point that I feel a lot better now than I did yesterday and certainly the aches and pains from the leg muscle,s and joint have all most  subsided just the occasional twinge so hopefully it is starting to settle down nicely, I must learn not to stress out so much when these things happen.

Fratton Park.
So not a lot happened today really, just a nice relaxing ( for relaxing read boring) day at home doing nothing.
Well pompey are playing Leicester at Fratton Park today, the match started at 3.00 pm so they have just come out from the half time break and at the half time  the score was Pompey 0 Leicester 0 so not a great score line at half time but at least we are not losing (Yet). so anyway I will let you know the final score tomorrow, as I am of to make a coffee after I get this posted on the blog so until tomorrow i will say Tatty Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment