Friday, November 18, 2011

A Ticket to Ride

Ready for the day ahead.
Here we are again, 5.30 am and I am awake, Not a bad nights sleep, went to bed at 10.00 last night, and took an hour or so to get off to sleep but have slept through until now, so as it is Friday I will take my Methotrexate tablets and get back to sleep for an hour or so.

It is now 7.15 and just woken up again and ready for the day ahead, need to get a coffee made and watch the news for an hour before the Carer arrives, Not feeling to bad today after the Methotrexate so hopefully it will be OK for the day ahead.

Checking Facebook and Emails
Well thats the coffee made and downed and am now watching the news on TV, forgot today is the BBC Children in need day so that will be the theme of most of the programs on BBC 1 Today, especially this evening, all in a good cause though. however Amanda the carer will be here in a minute and so I will then get washed and groomed ready for whatever the day brings.
Amanda arrives as usual at 8.15 and is on her way by 8.35 so now to get dressed and a shave and see ho is on facebook and check my emails.




Number 18 bus to the hard.
It is a nice sunny day today so will get myself out round to Tesco and get some Tropical fruit drink and also  some chicken  for dinner tonight. Well I am on my way round to tesco and feeling on top of the world when I see a bus coming in the distance and for some reason on the spur of the moment decide that I will catch the bus down to the Portsmouth Hard and have a coffee in the fresh air and sunshine, so checking that I have my bus pass in my wallet I wait at the bus stop for the bus, I wish I did not do these things on the spur of the moment, but it adds to the excitement of the day.

The Hard Portsmouth.
So the bus arrives and I get on and take the trip down to the Hard at Portsmouth. once there I go and get a coffee from the Kiosk and then sit on one of the seats overlooking the harbour, and have a pleasant 30 minutes drinking the coffee and watching the world go by I cant go very far as I have only got my cane with me , the wheelchair is at home however it is so nice to be out of the house and out in the Autumn sunshine, anyway after I finish my coffee I go into the co-op at the hard and get my drinks and chicken and then get the bus back home.


M.O.T.Examination.
Oh well back in doors and feeling surprisingly sprightly, no after effects from this morning Methotrexate, so that is good anyway it is 12.00 so sit and watch TV for a bit and then get lunch at 1.00. I am feeling rather peckish today, must be going out in the fresh air that did it so, have a bowl of chicken soup and a cream cheese sandwich ( crusts cut off) followed by a mr Kipling lemon slice and custard. ( No wonder I am putting on weight) anyway enjoyed that so now to settle down until 3.00 when my son Gervase will be round as he is taking his car up to the service station for its M.O.T, that will take them about an hour so he will be coming round until 4.30 while they do the car.

The garage phones to say the car is ready at 4.35 so gervase sets off to collect that on his way home and I settle down to get this edition of my daily journal done and then an evening of TV with all the children in need programs, so until tomorrow and the weekend I will say Adios Amigo,s.

No comments:

Post a Comment