Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Todays the Day.

Anyone know the way to the kitchen
And so we wake for the start of another day, So Kick start the butt into life and off we go to get the obligatory coffee. well it will be an interesting day today, as this morning I have my appointment with my Neurologist, I last saw him on the 15th August so we will see how far I have progressed/regressed and see what changes if any he needs to make, anyway as I said coffee first so lets get it made.

Ho Hum, Time for the TV News.
Well I eventually got the coffee made, did not realize it was only 6.30 am no wonder I am still half asleep, oh well, on with the TV to catch up on the news and I might doze off again for an hour, as long as I am up at 8.00 ready for Amanda the carer. Amanda will be here by 8.30 to get my face and neck washed ready for a busy day ahead.

Amanda is her usual happy self.
It is now 8.40, I am all groomed ,as Amanda arrived at 8.10, as she knew I was up to the hospital this morning and wanted to make sure I was ok and didn't need any clothes sorted out, which was kind of her but all that is taken care of. Pauline phones at 9.00 to confirm that the appointment up at the Queen Alexandra Hospital in Cosham is at 10.40, which it is, so she will get a Taxi at 10.00 and then collect me from home and then we will get there in plenty of time.

Queen Alexandra Hospital
OK so it is time to get a shave and get dressed and spruced up ready for pauline to arrive with the taxi, true to form Pauline arrives at 10.10 and I get into the Taxi and off we go, I am armed with my Diary, containing the points I need to ask Dr Gibb about and we arrive at the QA Hospital at about 10.35, so we are in plenty of time, so we go into the outpatients department and report to the Desk to let them know I am here and then go and find a seat and play the waiting game.


Consultant Consultation.
Well it is Now 11.00, and I have nearly finished the crossword when Dr Gibb, My Neurologist calls me in, pauline comes in with me as she always does and so I start the chat with Dr Gibb. As you may remember last week my GP phoned as he had concerns about my Red blood count and thought I might have a B12 deficiency, however I had another blood test to check for that and according to Dr Gibb my B12 level are OK and he is positive the red blood count is down to the Methotrexate. He asks how I am feeling and I tell him that apart from the lack of energy and the restricted mobility with walking I am as fit as a fiddle, and I reckon I will be ready for the Olympics next year, He laugh,s and said "to watch it on TV" " Yes".
Anyway he is referring me for a Pulmonary Function Test (PFT)  due to the fact I am on Methotrexate, as I havn't had one since May when I was in Hospital although my breathing is the best it has been for many years.

Muscle tests.
He also asks me to get on the couch and he then goes through a series of muscle tests and the outcome is that my muscles have got stronger since I last saw him in August although my leg muscles are still very weak, but he is pleased with the progress I have made and also that I am making progress with my eating and the Dysphagia, but he said to go slow with eating solids and not to rush into anything and to stay in close contact with the speech therapist.

Medication Celebrating 
Well that was a good visit with the Neurologist today, he is pleased with the progress I am making, but he did emphasize the fact that I must listen to what my body is telling me and that is to rest when I need to and not to over do it, anyway there is nothing to stop me having my eye test tomorrow and he wants to see me again next February, my Medication is staying the same at the moment which is : 10 mg Prednisolone daily, and 15 mg Methotrexate weekly on a friday followed by  5 mg Folic acid on a monday plus daily doses of Calcichew D3,  Lamprazole,  Thiamin Hydrochloride, Vitamin B Compound Strong, Strontium Ranelate .

Shopping round tesco.
Well that is over and done with so off now to the Cafe to get a well deserved and needed coffee and a biscuit, as it is now 11.45  we find the cafe and have a nice sit down and relax while we have a coffee and then I phone for a taxi to take us back home. Taxi arrives and we head home, so that is ok, anyway get indoors and get ourselves sorted and then Pauline and I take a stroll round to Tesco Express to get a little bit of shopping, before Pauline heads home and I go and get a coffee made and some Chicken soup, and then settle down for a couple of hours with the computer.

An evening of TV.
Well that was a busy few hours so now to take it easy for the rest of the day, or what's left of it, anyway another busy day tomorrow as we are going shopping down the city centre, so I will get this blog posted and then think about what to have for dinner tonight and a nice restful evening with the TV, so until tomorrow I will say Adios Amigo,s

No comments:

Post a Comment