Thursday, November 10, 2011

New Glasses Required.

NHS Supplied profile bed.
Good morning, Afternoon , Evening, depending on where you are on the globe, well that was not a bad nights sleep last night, So it is now 7.30 and have just woken up and am raring to go, so need to throw my self out of bed ( well lower the bed down, Raise the back to a sitting positions and then I can get out)  and go and get the coffee made. Amanda will be here about 8.20 today so I will go into the front room with the coffee and watch the News on the TV in there.

A Live wire Electrician


So I go in and watch the news on TV and go on the lap top to see if I can find out why I was experiencing problems with my lights yesterday evening, they kept dimming and then coming back up brighter, and apparently there was a problem with a mains cable in Rodney Road that developed a fault and the Southern Electricity board had to replace it so it was interrupting supplies to their customers in this area, some people were without electricity until 10 pm last night.



Amanda the Carer.

Well Amanda arrives on time at about 8.20 as she said she would as I will be going down to the town centre this morning with Pauline, as I need to get a letter into Adult Social Services at the Portsmouth Civic offices, then go to the bank, next to Curry,s for Pauline to get a clock and then to Specsavers for an Eye Test, and finally to Tesco to get a little bit of shopping.

Well Amanda has me groomed and ready for the day ahead and off she goes, while I get some breakfast (Porridge) today, and then have a shave and sort out what I am going to wear today as the weather is not that good today, not really to cold but there is a damp feel in the air today. 

Portsmouth Civic Offices.
anyway it is now 9.30 so phone Pauline to let her know I have, booked a Taxi for 10.30 and we will collect her on our way to town, so I get ready and the Taxi arrives dead on 10.30, it is one of our regular taxi drivers so he gets the wheelchair into the car, and off we go, collecting Pauline on the way and arrive at Portsmouth Civic Offices about 10.40 so that is OK.

Pauline pushes me to the steps of the civic offices which is situated in Guildhall Square, opposite the Portsmouth Guildhall,  and we decide it will be easier for her to drop the letter into Adult Social care, rather than pushing the wheelchair all the way up the ramp. so I sit and watch the Royal British legion, practicing their Parade for Remembrance Sunday while Pauline takes the letter in for me. 

Barclays Bank, Portsmouth.
Well that did not take long ( the Exercise walking up all those steps probably did her good), so anyway now the next stop is the Bank to get some money out for the shopping today and for the weekend so off we go, it is only about a 5 minuet walk from the Guildhall Square to the  Bank in Commercial road, so we get into the bank and it is practically empty so no waiting straight in and served and back out, so that was easy.


Currys Digital, Portsmouth.
The Next stop is easy as it is only a couple of stores away from the Bank, so we now go into Curry,s Digital, as Pauline wants to get a mains operated digital clock for her bedside table, so we manage to get the Wheelchair in the shop, a bit short of space in places but we have a look round at the TV,s and other electrical good,d and Pauline see,s the clock she wants,so that is OK. She gets that and then we leave the store to make our way along to Specsavers for my Eye test at 11.30.


Specsavers Portsmouth.
So out of Currys and off to specsavers, we have too walk from one end of the precinct to the other, anyway we get there just on 11.25 so in time and go in to see the optician. He comes down to see me about 11.45 and we go to do the eye test, My Eyesight has deteriorated in my right eye since February this year, due to the fact that I have a cataract in my right eye, according to the Optician this does occur in people as they age over 55 years but it is also a side affect of Prednisolone ( Steroid) medication and he seems to think that is what is causing it, anyway he gets me my prescription and said that I really need to have my eye,s tested every year, we then go to choose the frames and lens type ( Varifocal Lens for me) and they will be ready on the 22nd November, so now all that is left to do is to go to Tesco to get a bit of shopping and a coffee in their Cafe.

Tesco Crasswell Street, Portsmouth
Only a short walk over to tesco, and then we can get a bit of shopping, not much to get and then get a nice coffee in their Cafe, we get the shopping and go into the Cafe and see that they serve soup, it is now 12.30 so we decide to have some of there soup , it is chicken and vegetable, well me and pauline have a bowl of soup each and it is really very tasty, it is home made in there kitchen and we did enjoy it, we have a coffee afterwards and then go and pay for the shopping and go outside to phone for a Taxi to take us home.


Well that was a very interesting day down Town. Pauline has come back with me and helps sort out the shopping and then makes her way home to her place while I settle down with the TV and laptop, I have hot a cottage pie for dinner tonight and then I am off down to see my son Gervase at his place tonight, so all in all a very busy couple of days so I think tomorrow will be a day of rest as it is also Methotrexate day tomorrow, so until then I will say Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment