Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Myositis really Sucks.

Ah11 Coffee
Well here we are again people and another Wednesday is upon us, well after a relatively productive day yesterday I had a decent nights sleep again last night. went to bed about 10.30 after a pleasant evening at my son ,s house and slept through until about 5.30 so not to bad, lazed around in bed listening to the radio  ( Classical FM ) until 6.15 then up to get a coffee and then watch TV news until 8.00 ( A Resemblance to groundhog day in my house every morning ) and then up ready for Amanda ( The Carer)

Wednesday Breakfast.
Amanda comes at 8.30 and gets me sorted out and groomed ready for the day ahead so that is OK anyway may go over to B&Q this morning and see everybody so go and get dressed and then get breakfast. Rice Krispies today sounds a good plan Snap, Crackle and Pop ( Thats my joints, not the rice krispies ) anyway finish breakfast and then settle down for an hour with the laptop.

Red Blood Cell
Get on to facebook and see who is around, when about 9.30 the phone rings. It is my GP  to say that the results of the  blood test yesterday are back and that they show an abnormal count for the red blood cells, so he wants me to make an appointment to go and give another lot of blood so he can check to see if there is anything untoward happening or if it is a B12 Deficiency, he thinks that this is what it may be and that it may be down to the Methotrexate. so that was a surprise anyway he puts me through to the girl at the front desk to make the appointment, The earliest they can do is next Tuesday, I do not think that is acceptable so I say that this is requested by the GP as there is a abnormal count on this weeks blood test, she then says well can you get here for 7.40 tomorrow morning, again not possible so she then puts me on hold for 5 mins and comes back and says can you do 12.20 today, now that is better so 12.20 today it is.
Ah! What,s up Doc

I phone my son Gervase to let him Know and he is on Holiday from work this week so he is going to come round at 12.00 and take me up to the surgery to give the blood. so I go back on the laptop until 11.30 then get changed ready to go and give blood, I must say that the Dr was on the ball and phoned as soon as he got the results from yesterdays blood test.

Anyway at 12.00 Gervase arrives to take me up to the Eastney Health Centre to give the blood. we get there about 12.15 and I am the next one in .
we go in to see the nurse and she takes the blood and check on the computer screen at the notes and says Yes it is to check for vitamin B12 Deficiency, she then says that if I can give it to the girls on the front desk then it will be collected at 1.00 and we may get the results back tomorrow or Friday, so wont have to wait long.

Gervase.
Gervase takes me back home and then goes and get,s some milk for me and then makes his way back home and I decide to get some lunch and after yesterday I decide to make a Sandwich, ( Egg Mayonaise) and again that goes down atreat with a nice coffee and now for an afternoon of relaxation and the laptop and TV. so that is about it for today , so until tomorrow and shopping down the city centre with pauline I will say Ta Ta for now (TTFN)

No comments:

Post a Comment