Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Shopping we will go

A restless night last night.
Hello one and all and a very good morning to you, well the time is 6.30 and it has been a very wet and windy night, didnt sleep that well as being that I have to sleep downstairs, at the moment I kept waking up with the noise of the wind rattling the wooden panel fencing around the garden, and also rustling the trees around the gardens of the terrace houses, anyway as I am awake I will make a coffee and get the heating on to take the chill out of the air and then watch a bit of TV in bed until it is time to get up.

I must have dozed of again , that shows just how interesting the news is on the TV this morning, so the coffee is cold and it is 8.45, it is a good job Amanda my carer is off today otherwise I would be in trouble if she got wet and could not get in to see me, anyway the carer today won,t be here until about 9.15 so get up, make another cup of coffee and make my way into the lounge to await whoever the carer is that comes today

Claire the Carer.
Well the Carer arrives about 9.10 and it is the new carer Claire , She was the one who came on Sunday, so that is OK, anyway she gets me sorted and groomed, ready for the day ahead and then makes her way to her next client while I get myself some Wheatabix for breakfast and then phone Pauline to let her know that as the weather has cleared a bit and there is no rain expected until later this afternoon that I will get a taxi down to her at 10.30 so that we can go down to the city centre and get a few bits and pieces and we can have lunch while we are down there.

So I now have to go and get myself shaved and dressed ready to go out "down town" ( think that was the title of a Dusty Springfield Song)  and then as I have 20 minutes to wait for the taxi I get on the laptop and just check my emails and have a look to see who is on Facebook.

Matalan
The Taxi arrives at 10.30 so the Taxi driver gets the wheelchair  into the Taxi and off we go to pick up Pauline and then down to town, We get the Taxi driver to drop us off at Matalan as I need to get another pair of Joggers, we have a bit of a look around Matalan and get the joggers and a couple of other bits as well, as I have a 10% discount card so we can save a few bob here. as we are looking around pauline pushes the wheelchair into the Lingerie department, and says to another women customer that she has pushed me into here as a treat, to which I reply that I am looking for a thong to wear on my head.

Debenhams
Well we get the items from Matalan and we make our way round to Debenham,s in the Precinct as I need to go in and pay my Debenham,s card, we have a quick look around the gifts but they are so expensive and not really suitable as christmas presents so we line up and i make my card payment and then we are of over to Wilkinson,s.
Once in Wilkinson, s  Pauline goes of to look for Window blinds and I look around the craft section to see if they have anything suitable that I can use for my scrap-booking but they have very little there so it looks like we will have to arrange a trip out to Hobby craft at Havant.
Marks And Spencer.
Pauline comes and finds me and then we go and look at the paint section and then make our way over to Marks and Spencer.

Over at Marks and spencer we look around the food dept and I get some ready meals as I do like Marks and spencer meals and they are so easy to prepare especially now that I am pureeing less and there are some M&S meals that I can eat without pureeing like there shepherds pie and cauliflower cheese, and the meals that i need to puree like the Roast pork meal are very easy to puree. so I get 3 meals and then we are off over to the other side of the Precinct to the large Tesco store .

Tesco
We go into Tesco and have a bit of a look round the clothing dept and then go and get the few items that we need, we do not have to get a lot just Milk, Coffee and Fruit drink for me and all pauline wants is bread, well we get that and decide to see if they have any decent soup in the cafeteria for lunch, as luck would have it they have a home made cream of Mushroom soup so we have one of those each with crusty bread, and I have a fruit drink and pauline has a coffee, I go and find a seat with space for the wheelchair and pauline brings the tray over, and now it is payback time for her comment in Matalan,s ( I have not Forgotten) There is a lady with her daughter and grand daughter on the next table so as pauline sits down I say " Who are You, Do I know you " the woman looks up and smiles and I say to her " I do not know who this is she just grabbed the wheelchair and pushed me in here to get a lunch" well poor Pauline  serves her right, The other woman laughs and knows that we are in here together but it did raise a few smiles among the other diners.
On the Laptop

Well we finish lunch and very nice it is and we make our way out the store and I phone for a taxi to take us home.
We get home OK and by this time it is 1.30 and the weather is starting to look like rain , the Met Office does give rain for this afternoon and early evening, and clearing over night with a cold start to friday, anyway I make a coffee and then at 2.00 it is time to phone for a taxi to take Pauline home and I settle down with the laptop to check facebook and to get todays Daily Journal done.

South Coast Weather UK
Well I have had a short nap in the armchair and have got this Journal done so now to get it Posted on my blog and then to settle down to watch Pointless on TV, before my Son Gervase comes in to see me. He has been up in Milton Keynes for 3 days, he came back home yesterday so it will be nice to see him this evening, well the weather has now got very wet and windy, so I am going to get this posted and then until tomorrow I will say Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment