Friday, December 9, 2011

A Sunny Methotrexate Day

The Sun was shining brightly.
As I woke up in my bed.
I went to make a coffee
But made a tea instead.

Make porridge for my Breakfast.
Had wheatabix instead.
Had an itch upon my elbow
But went and scratched my head.

The day keeps getting weirder.
What will happen next.
Thought I would phone Pauline
But went and sent a text.

Do I now go round to Tesco
Now that cannot be hard.
I saw a number 17 bus
and went down to the dockyard.

"Well it was a nice day for a trip out on the bus."

Back to bed after the Methotrexate.
Seriously though folks It was a super sunny day when I woke this morning, I went to bed early at about 10.15 last night and had a really great sleep until I woke about 4.15 am, so decided that seeing as it was Friday that I would take the Methotrexate and then go back to bed, which is what I did and slept through until I woke at 7. 50 am. And now it is a panic to get into the lounge and make a coffee and await Amanda the carer to arrive.

Here comes Amanda.
Although it is a nice Sunny day with very blue skies it is very cold so put on the heating to warm up the house a little bit before Amanda arrives, Get the coffee made and Put on the TV just in time as Amanda arrives at 8.20, she is very cold on her cycle today so is glad the house is warm, it is not long before she has me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead, she is looking forward to her weekend off, so I wonder who I will get this weekend, probably claire or Guy I expect.

On the Laptop.
Amanda makes her way to her next client and I go and get some Breakfast, having Kellogg's Frosties today for a change so that is OK, finish breakfast and take the rest of the Medication, Taking the Methotrexate at 4.00 am this morning and then sleeping for almost 3 hours seems to have taken the edge off the yucky effects I have after the Methotrexate still a little yucky but that will probably wear of by 10.00 or 11.00 so that is not to bad. So now that breakfast is over settle down to Text Pauline and then watch the TV News until 9.15 and then Angela Rippons program " Rip Off Britain "  that goes on until 10.00 am and then I settle with another coffee and the laptop to see who is on facebook and to check the emails.

Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
Main Entrance.
I look at the clock and it is 11.00 am, so decide that as it is a nice day I will take a walk round to Tesco Express to get some milk, so wrap up warm and decide to walk the long way round to Tesco to get the fresh air, anyway as I go from Winter Road into Goldsmith Avenue I see a number 17 bus coming, and as I reach the bus stop, decide I will catch the bus down to the Hard at Portsmouth and have a look into the Dock yard, so armed with my bus pass I get on the bus. The bus ride was quite enjoyable as it goes to the hard via Commercial road, and it was nice to be out of the house . We arrive at the Bus Terminal at Portsea at about 11.40 and I make my way the short distance to the Dockyard.

Action Station Building
and Berths.
Although Portsmouth Dockyard is a working Naval Base it is also an Historic Heritage site and has many of the Buildings and Exhibits such as the Mary Rose, HMS Victory, HMS Warrior, the Royal Navy Museum and other attractions open to the public in the old area of the Dockyard which is separate from the Secure Naval Base. However I have a stroll past HMS Warrior and the Mary Rose Museum and past the Action station Building which is a hands on Experience for visitors and make my way to the Cafe/Restaurant to get myself a snack and a coffee.

Bus Terminus at the Hard
Portsea.
It is very cold outside and it is nice to get into the warm and also the muscles at the tops of my legs are beginning to ache so a rest and a sit down in the warm is in order. It is a very nice eating place and at this time of the year is very quiet, anyway I order a Jacket Potato with Tuna and a coffee, I am taken aback when they charge nearly £7.00, won,t be back here in a hurry, anyway I did enjoy it the potato was nice although could not manage all the tuna, and had to add extra Mayonnaise, and the coffee was welcome so all in all apart from the price it was very nice, anyway I think it is time to make my way back out to the Bus terminus and head for home.

Me down by HMS Victory today.
I get to the bus terminus and it is not long before the number 18 bus comes and I get on and soon I am making the journey home, I get indoors about 1.00 so have been out for a couple of hours and never did get the Milk, anyway no problem as I have enough in the fridge until tomorrow so that is OK. So Settle down in front of the TV and get the laptop on and get onto face book, I get a text from Leanne to check how I am doing, which is nice so text her back and let her know I have been out, I text Pauline let her know I am back home, and I also get a Phone call from  Elaine (Leanne,s Mum), which is nice we have a nice chat for 10 min,s or so which I enjoy, and then at about 2.30 I decide to have a lie down for an hour as I think the Methotrexate is catching up with me.
Well it is now 5.00 pm and nearly time for Pointless on TV so I need to get this edition of the Daily Journal posted and then make a coffee ready to watch pointless so until tomorrow I will say Adios.  

No comments:

Post a Comment