Sunday, December 4, 2011

A very cold Sunday

Morning you lucky people and welcome to Sundays edition of my Daily Journal, So I had a very good nights sleep last night. Went to bed about 10.30 and slept through until 7.00 this morning, well did wake briefly about 5.00 but went straight back of (so won't count that) So I am awake and fresh ready for a nice cup of tea and a couple of Biscuits in bed while I watch the new,s on TV.

Well thats the tea made and the new,s does not change much, much the same every day all about the Euro and a double dip recession, been there, done that, got the t-Shirt, there are more important things in my life to worry about.

Acid Reflux is no Joke. LOL
Now I do not know if it has made any difference but I have decided to change to Decaffeinated coffee as I have had a few problems with digestion as I am starting to eat more solid food and less pureed food, and I heard somewhere that coffee was a major culprit for acid reflux, and I must say since I have stopped drinking so much coffee and also changing to Decaffeinated coffee it has made a very big difference so it will be interesting to see if that continues.,

Sunday Weather 7 c
Well it is now 9.00 am and time to make a move into the lounge ready for the carer, I have had to switch on the heating as the temperature has dropped over night and there is a chill in the air so need to get the temperature up, The weather forecast for today is cloudy with occasional sunny spells and a wind speed of 15 mph with gusts reaching 29 mph, so not to bad for december when you think that this time last year portsmouth was at a standstill with about 2 cm snow. we cannot deal with snow here on the south coast of the UK.

my Macbook pro.
At 9.30 Mick the carer turns up, I have not seen Mick for a couple of weeks so anyway he is ok and soon has me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead, so now to get some porridge for breakfast and then settle down with the laptop and see who is around on facebook and then try and organize my photo's and family research files as they are in need of a sort out.

Local Tesco Express.
Well I have been sorting out some old photo,s of Portsmouth and Southsea in the early 1900,s so will put 5 or 6 on my blog as it is interesting to see how portsmouth looked 100 years ago ( Not changed much really) well this is all very nice and cosy but I need to go out round to the Tesco Express and get some fruit drink and also some milk, it is cold out today so a winter coat, scarf and gloves I think, anyway brave the cold and get out round to Tesco and back in record time, good job the legs are behaving themselves today. I could have waited until gervase came round but I need to do things for myself when I can, Anyway back home now and in the warm so that is OK.

Gervase and Pauline have both phoned today, Gervase is coming round about 1.00 pm to see me and is going to give me a lift to Pauline,s about 2.00 pm as I am going down to spend an hour with Gordon and Pauline this afternoon, so must get some lunch about 1.00 pm and then my medication at 2.00 pm.

Along the sea front with the Isle of Wight
in the distance.
Well it is now 12.50 so go and get some Chicken soup and a couple of Crispbread for lunch and then at 1.20 my son Gervase arrives. We have a sit down and a nice chat and he is going to take me down to Pauline,s and then he and Leanne are off round to see Leanne,s mum Elaine. So about 2.10 we leave to go to Pauline,s and gervase asks if I want to go via the sea front route, that seems like a good idea so of we go to pauline,s.

Gordon and Pauline.
Well I get to Pauline,s and get greeted by a very excited Misty who is jumping up and being very affectionate, I think that Misty thinks I have brought her a treat, anyway she must have heard me coming as she started Barking well before I reached the front door, anyway it is nice to see Gordon and Pauline, they have been busy decorating the Dining room this weekend and it looks very nice Gordon has made a very good job of it and I like the colour scheme. Well we have a couple of coffee,s ( I have Decaffeinated ) and have a nice chat and at 3.45 I call a Taxi and make a move back home, so all in all a very enjoyable day.

So now I am home and settled down with the laptop and the TV. It is snug and warm here in the lounge so wont be moving much this evening apart from when I go and get dinner about 6.00. I am cheating and having a M&S Ready meal again tonight a nice Cottage pie with Cauliflower cheese, carrot and Peas, so that will be quick and easy, I will have to make some extra gravy but this should be another meal I can eat without Pureeing. so I will get this edition of my Journal posted and then have a nap for an hour so until tomorrow I will say good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment