Thursday, December 22, 2011

another day, Another assessment.

A Restless night.
Good Day one and all and another Thursday is upon us, well after yesterday,s oversleeping last night was totally the reverse, I could not sleep at all last night, went to bed about 10.30 and tossed and turned all night long until 6.30 this morning, just could not settle so at 6.45 I went and got a coffee and went back to bed to watch the BBC news until 7.45 when I got up and made my way to the lounge to wait for Amanda the carer to arrive.

An Excited Amanda.
Amanda arrives at 8.20 and is excited as she finishes work today until after Christmas, she told me yesterday that she was off next week si I phoned the care agency and cancelled the home care for next week as I don't want to be sat around until lunchtime every day wondering when a carer will turn up, it will be interesting to see who, when or if anyone arrives tomorrow. however it is not long before I an washed and groomed and the Amanda is away and I text pauline to let her Know all is Ok and then get some Wheatabix for Breakfast.

Portsmouth 11.00 am Today.
After breakfast I settle down with the laptop and then Pauline phones to say that she is booking a Taxi for 12.00 to come round today, and then we can go over to B&Q and then to Macdonald,s for lunch before coming back home to await the Adult Social care to come and assess my needs for Direct Payments. anyway it is not a bad day weather wise so I now go round to Tesco Express to get some milk and fruit drink and a News Paper.

Hopefully the weather will stay nice for our walk with the Wheelchair over to B&Q at Lunch time today, anyway back indoors from Tesco Express so now to get shaved and changed ready for pauline to arrive.

Pauline arrives at about 12.15 so we set off over to B&Q, I push the wheelchair as far as the Pelican Crossing in Goldsmith avenue and then pauline pushes me the rest of the way to B&Q. It is nice to see some old workmates there today and then we look at roller blinds, Pauline needs a new blind for her Kitchen, she see,s one that she likes, and I say that I will get it for her for Christmas as I have not got her a present yet, so that is OK.


KFC Pompey Centre.
We go and pay for the blind and then head over to Macdonald,s for lunch, when we get there it is absolutely packed with people so decide that it is out of the question to try and get the wheelchair in there so we decide to go to KFC instead. that is a lot less busy so I have a breast fillet and fries with gravy and a coffee and Pauline gas 2 breast fillets with fries and Coffee, Not sure how I will get on with this but I will give it a try, well it was hard work , It went down OK but I don,t think I am quite ready for KFC Just yet a bit over enthusiastic so will leave it a couple of months before I try again, but I did enjoy the taste.

Well we make our way back home and it is now 2.00 pm, I have the Adult social care coming at 3.00 so I make a coffee and we sit and pauline wraps up some christmas presents for me that I need for the family and then at 3.00 pm  The lady,s from Portsmouth Adult social Care arrive. They are very nice people and ask if I can explain to them what Dermatomyositis is and what its effects are, this is the first time I have been asked that by anyone so I explain it to them and then they ask to see my sleeping arrangements and also my washing and toilet facilities,

It was a very good assessment, they ask about my care plan and are not impressed with the care company,s attitude to my care, thy explain Direct payments to me and give me the literature  on it and I said I will read through it and let them know, in the meantime they are going to ask questions of the Care company they use, so all in all the best assessment I have had so far, someone who listens to what I say and are going to act on it.

My Son Gervase.
Well they make a move at 4.00 and pauline makes her way home at 4.20. Gervase phones at 4.35 to say he is going to come in and see me on the way home from work, so all in all a very good productive day. so now to get this blog posted and then a bit of a rest until Gervase comes in , so until tomorrow I will say Good Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment