Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Busy Tuesday today.

A good nights sleep.
Awake early this morning, not a bad nights sleep, and just about ready for a nice hot coffee, it is 5.45 slightly earlier than I would have liked but Hi Ho what can you do, went to bed at 11.00 last night and slept right through, however it is going to be a busy day today so get the coffee made and then watch the News on TV.
Had a slight problem this morning when I woke up and went to make the coffee, the joints on the fingers of my right hand were very stiff and it took a few minutes to get them working properly, still once they were working rubbed  some ointment into them and had no more problems, so will have to keep an eyre on it as I have not had that problem for about 18 months, so must remember to rub in the ointment 4 times daily as I am supposed to do. will I never learn " NOPE"

Farlington Marshes Nature Reserve with Portsmouth
on the Horizon.
Well it is 7.45 so into the lounge and get ready for Amanda the Carer to come, as usual she is right on time at 8.15 and it does not take long before she has me washed and groomed. anyway Amanda goes on her way and I go and get some wheatabix for breakfast and then text Pauline to let her know that all is OK here, Pauline phones me back almost straight away to say she will book a Taxi for 10.15 to come and collect me as today we are going to do the weekly shop at Sainsburys super store at Farlington. Farlington is just on the Outskirts of Portsea Island where it joins the mainland. at Farlington Marshes which is a Wetland Nature Reserve.

Sainsbury's Store Farlington.
It is now 9.00 am so I get on the laptop to see who is around on Facebook and to check  my e-mails. Then it is time to have a shave and get ready for when Pauline comes to collect me. Pauline arrives with the Taxi about 10.25 so we load up the wheelchair and off we go to Sainsbury,s at Farlington, It is about a 20 minute journey  so get there about 10.45, there are a lot of cars in the car park so look,s like it is busy here. I used to shop here a lot when we lived in Drayton in the late 1980,s but have not been up here for at least 5 or 6 years.
We get in the store, and do the shopping and then have a coffee and a scone in the cafe, we then get everything paid for and make our way outside to phone for the Taxi to take us home, well I must say that  I probably won't be going back there shopping in a hurry, very expensive and not very friendly staff.

Chris and Eileen.
 Well we get back home and while pauline puts the shopping away, I make the coffee and then we sit and have a bit of a natter before Pauline makes her way home at 1,30, I make another coffee and have a couple of "Mr Kipling" Lemon slices and put on the rest of the lamb in the slow cooker ready for dinner tonight, My sister Eileen phones to say that she will be coming in to see me with her friend Chris this afternoon about 2.30 so will look forward to seeing them, anyway they arrive as planned and I make coffee for Eileen and Tea for chris and we sit and have a good old chat  and they stay until about 4.10 when they have to make there way back to Fareham, It was so nice to see them both .

Well that is about it for today, it has been a busy but enjoyable day today so I now need to get this journal posted and then get ready to have my dinner at 6.00  tonight and then I am off round to see Gervase and Leanne tonight at 7.30, the perfect way to round off an enjoyable day so until tomorrow I will say Adios Amigo,s.

No comments:

Post a Comment