Thursday, December 15, 2011

To Shop or not to Shop

Hi Ho and another Thursday has arrived, Not a good nights sleep last night, no idea why as I went to bed at 10.15 and went straight of to sleep, but woke at about 03.00 am with a headache, took a Paracetamol and went straight back to sleep until 5.30 when I woke again this time feeling a little sick, made a coffee and took that back to bed with 4 Biscuits, and watched the TV News and then went back to sleep until about 7.15, when I woke up feeling fine, so no Idea, just one of those things.

Anyway put on the Radio and they are playing the Peter Sellers/ sophia loren song " Goodness Gracious Me " so I was singing along to it but with different words.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
Oh Doctor I'm in Trouble.
Well Goodness, Gracious Me
Each time I get out of my Bed, I Buckle at the Knee.
My Arms don't want to work, And I really need a pee.

I Go sway stagger, sway,stagger sway stagger, sway stagger
sway stagger, sway stagger, rock and roll
Sway stagger, sway stagger, sway stagger, sway stagger
Well Goodness, Gracious Me.

How often does this happen, 
When did the trouble start.
My Stethoscope,s not working, I think I've lost a part
It started back last year , when you said nothing to fear.

I Go sway stagger, sway,stagger sway stagger, sway stagger
sway stagger, sway stagger, rock and roll
Sway stagger, sway stagger, sway stagger, sway stagger
Well Goodness, Gracious Me.
♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Here comes Amanda.
Well enough of this Stupidity and lets return to the daily Journal. It is not a bad day weather wise today, although we are expecting a deterioration of the weather later on, but at the moment it is a bright, although cold day so it is now 8.00 am so into the lounge and get the laptop fired up and check my e-mails before Amanda gets here. as it happens Amanda arrives a little later today than usual, she has had a bit of a problem with her last client anyway I am soon washed and groomed ready for the day ahead, so text pauline to let her know that all is OK. 

Portsmouth Harbour at 9.30 today.
I Phone Pauline about 9.30 as I have not heard from her, and it looks like the mobile signal is very poor today as Pauline has not received my text, anyway Pauline has also had a bad night, and is not feeling on top of the world, so I tell her not to come round today,  but she insists on coming round and said she is OK so anyway Pauline said she will get a Taxi at 10.45 to go and get my Prescription and then will drop it off at the Chemist, before picking me and the wheelchair up and going down to Commercial Road.

Anyway it is a bright day as you can see by the picture taken from the live view webcam overlooking portsmouth harbour at 9.30 this Morning.

Rowland,s Pharmacy, Winter Road.
Anyway it is now 10.00 so time to have a shave and get dressed ready for Pauline to arrive with the Taxi,  While I am waiting I go on to Facebook to see who is around, and to play a couple of games, anyway pauline phones to say she has just dropped the Prescription into the chemist and will be round to me in about 5 minutes as the chemist is in winter road, and they will deliver the medication to me tomorrow afternoon.

Boots the Chemist.
Pauline arrives with the Taxi and we get the wheelchair loaded and then off down to Commercial road to do a little bit of Christmas shopping. we arrive at Commercial road precinct and get the Wheelchair unloaded and then we make our way to Boots the Chemist to get a couple of Christmas presents, well I get one present and a couple of gift vouchers, so that is OK, we get them paid for and then make our way back out into the precinct.

Clinton,s Card Shop, Portsmouth.
We now decide to have a look into Clintons card shop as I need to get some Wrapping paper to wrap up the gift I bought today, Now this is a test of Pauline,s wheelchair pushing skills as it is one of the most awkward shops we have had to negotiate with a wheel chair, it is so tight around the aisles I am sure thae do not meet regulation width for wheelchair access, anyway we don't buy anything as Pauline said that it would be better to use a gift bag and she has some at home, and will bring some down on Tuesday.

Tesco, Crasswell Street, Portsmouth city centre.
So it is now getting on for 11.45 so we make our way to Tesco as we need to get a few bits and pieces and will then get some lunch before going back home.  Well we have a wander round tesco and pauline gets what she wants and I get some Milk and Decaffeinated coffee and then we go to the cafe in Tesco and each get a bowl of Cream of Tomato soup with some bread and a coffee and sit and enjoy it, it went down a treat, I could only manage half my slice of bread so Pauline finished it for me, anyway that was nice and we go and pay for our goods and make our way outside and phone the taxi to take us home, it was nice being out but it is very cold and I will be glad to get back home in the warm.

Well we are now back home and in the warm, so I make a couple of coffee,s and we sit and have a chat and it is now 1.30 so I phone for a Taxi to take Pauline home and then I settle down with the Laptop and TV until Pointless is on at 5.15 and then I will get dinner on for 6.00 pm. So I will get this page of the journal posted and then I have Gervase coming in to see me at 6.30 on his way home from work and then settle down to see if this expected storm arrives during the evening, and if I will wake to see Snow tomorrow morning, hope not as I have to go for a swallow assessment tomorrow morning so until then I will say Tatty Bye.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment