Monday, December 5, 2011

Its A Yo Yo Monday today.

A cold Turkey.
Oh well here we are and another week begins. the weather is certainly on the turn today as the temperature has dropped quite a lot today, I had a bit of an on/off kind of night last night, went to bed at 10.00 pm and woke at 11.30 with a terrible headache, this lasted until about 3.00 pm when i decided to take a paracetamol, this cured it and I went back to sleep and woke again at 7.30. I think I am suffering from Caffeine withdrawal symptoms so I think I need to taper the coffee down gently so that I do not get the headaches again, Oh well Time to make a coffee with Caffeine to start the day and then on to decaffeinated  tea and coffee until this evening when I will have another proper coffee and come off of it slowly rather than going cold turkey.

Webcam over looking spinnaker tower
and Portsmouth Harbour 8.05 am today.
Ok so coffee made and into the lounge to watch the news on TV while I wait for Amanda the carer to arrive. The news is not that interesting today all Gloom and doom as usual, and the outlook for the economic climate does not look that promising for the coming month,s. It looks like the office of fair trading is going to look at the promotions that the main Supermarket chains are putting on , they say that " They are not as good a value as they make them out to be, and that they are misleading the public" so what is new. The weather as I say is colder today with a temperature this morning of 7 c but it is a sunny and bright day, as the picture from the Webcam overlooking portsmouth harbour and the spinnaker tower shows, this was taken at 8.05 this morning.

A Happy Carer.
Well it is now 8.15 and Amanda has just arrived, she is her usual cheerful self and soon has me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead. Amanda said that she had Enjoyed her few days off and had met one of Leanne,s work Colleagues on Saturday night.  However once Amanda  has gone on her way I get some wheatabix for breakfast and then text pauline to say that I am all done and dusted and ready for the day ahead. Pauline is going to come for me at 10.45 to take me to Eastney Health centre for a doctors appointment and then I am back up there again at 3.00 pm to see the Podiatrist, so back and forward like a yo yo today.

Eastney Health Centre.
Well Pauline picks me up at 10.45 and we go of up to Eastney Health Centre for my doctors appointment at 11.00, once we get there pauline drops me outside and goes off to park the car and I go and report to Reception, I get my Number and I am number 2, As I go and sit down I see that the first patient is in with my doctor so I am next in line, looking at the clock it is 10.55,  Pauline comes in and she has parked the car down in Prince Albert Road so not far to walk, anyway we sit, and sit, and sit and the time is going past and all the other doctors and nurses are calling their patients in and I am sat there thinking " Perhaps my doctor has fallen asleep at his desk", anyway I say to Pauline that I am going to ask reception what is going on as it is now 11.25 so I go to reception and ask if the doctors buzzer is working as I have been waiting 25 minuets, she replies that the doctor I am seeing is the duty doctor and that he has all the telephone consultations to do, but that he won't be long.

A Sleepy Doctor
 Anyway I go and sit back down and his buzzer sounds for me to go in ( I bet he was asleep on his couch), anyway I go in and see him and all seems to be OK, My blood results from last Tuesday are all OK apart from the white Blood cells are slightly elevated but only by a small amount. my CK levels are 165 which is good and My Pulse, Blood Pressure and Temperature are all OK. I tell him about the nose bleeds I am getting and he has a look up my Nose ( Brave Man) and said that it is a little inflamed so gives me a prescription for some "Naseptin" Nasal cream to clear it up.

So we come out of the doctors and go and get the Prescription filled from the Pharmacy and then make our way home. Pauline comes in for a coffee and I have a fruit tea and then it is time for Pauline to make her way back home as she is busy this afternoon and it is now 12.30, so I wash up from breakfast and then I get some lunch, I have some sardines and crisp bread for lunch and then settle down with the laptop and TV until the taxi comes at 2.45 to take me back to Eastney Health centre to see the Podiatrist.

A Podiatrist.
OK so here we go again, the taxi has arrived and of we go back to Eastney Health Centre for my appointment with the Podiatrist, I arrive about 2.56 and register with reception and spot on 3.00 the Podiatrist comes and collects me and we go into the treatment room, I am in there about 30 minuets and come out feeling a lot better as my feet have had the hard skin removed from the soles and my toe nails have been cut and shaped and both feet has had a nice foot cream applied, I feel like I have had new feet fitted.

I Make my way outside to phone for a taxi home and I see the number 17 bus coming so I catch that round to the tesco Express in Goldsmith Avenue and go in and get my milk and fruit juice and then go home so that worked out about right, I am back indoors by 3.55, so get the heating on and settle down to finish of this edition of the journal and then watch Pointless on BBC1 at 5.15. so it has been a very good day today, I am going to have a Bacon and Chicken pasta bake for dinner tonight, so will puree that down with some extra cheese sauce and that will go down a treat, my first puree meal for 5 days but I would not be able to manage the chicken and Bacon just yet, hopefully by christmas I may be able to.

Well that is it for today, so get this posted on to the blog, then an evening of TV with Pointless at 5.15 Emmerdale at 7.00 and then an evening of CSI and NCSI from 8.00 on 5 USA +1, so until tomorrow I will say Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment