Tuesday, December 13, 2011

off to see Debbie today.

Live Webcam picture of Portsmouth at 9.00 am
showing storm clouds  gathering.
Good Morning campers, and how are you all today, well I weathered the storm last night, although it was a disrupted nights sleep, I was awaken several times with the wind blowing the rain onto the window, and was up on the computer at 6.00 am for half an hour burt then went back to bed at 6.30 for an hour and had a coffee in bed and watched the News on the TV. It is going to be wet and windy all week with another storm coming in on Thursday evening so will be glad when the week is over, anyway it is calmer this morning although the wind is expected to increase this afternoon.

Stock photo of China.
However a windswept Amanda arrived  on her cycle at 8.30 this morning, she certainly does not like this weather still she soon has me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead, It is going to be a busy morning as I have to go to the Eastney Health Centre for Blood test at 10.20 this morning and then we are going shopping at asda, anyway time to get some breakfast so will have wheatabix today and then text Pauline to say that I am done and dusted here.
Just as I send the Text to Pauline, the House phone rings, and it is my Cousin phoning from China, he is having trouble sending me an email, we have a chat and then he said he wants to contact my brother Pat, so I said I will contact pat for him.

Debbie after my Blood.
Next Pauline phones to say she has a taxi booked for 10.00 from her place and will collect me on the way to the Eastney Health Centre. It is now 9.45 so time to get a shave and get dressed ready for Pauline to arrive with the Taxi, I get a text at 10.00 to say Pauline is on the way, and the Taxi with Pauline in gets here at 10.10 so I get in and off we go to see "Debbie the Vampire " to give the Blood for my regular blood test.

Anyway I have given blood so now It is time to hand in the repeat Prescription so that Pauline can collect it for me on Thursday, and then make the next appointment for the blood test and then phone for a Taxi to collect us from the health centre and take us home to collect the wheelchair and then on to Asda to get the shopping, Busy,Busy, Busy.
Elderly Lady with Stick.
We go outside to phone the taxi on the mobile and see another Taxi company ( Aqua) dropping of an Elderly lady to go into the health centre, The Lady has a problem getting out of the Taxi with her stick and the driver just sits there and does not attempt to help her, Pauline goes to give her a hand and she is just going into the health centre to deliver something and the Taxi is waiting for her, pauline helps her into the health centre and waits and helps her back out and into the Taxi. The lady is 91 years of age. you would have thought the Taxi Driver would have given her a hand seeing as they charge so much, Another reason why I wont use "Aqua Cars"



The Queue today at Asda.
Anyway after that episode, I phone for our taxi from "CityWide" and it is with us in about 10 minutes, and so we go of to Home, Collect the wheel chair and then off down to Asda at Fratton to  get the shopping, we decide that we would get a coffee first, so get a coffee and a sausage roll each and have a sit down, and a rest and then make our way into Asda  to get the shopping, the shopping bit went OK it was as we went to pay at the tills that the problem started as the aisle,s were very congested and there was a limited number of checkouts open as a internal drain pipe had burst during a downpour and had dumped  gallons of water all over the front aisle, so we had to find out where the nearest wide checkout was for the wheelchair and then Queue for 10 minutes before we could get into the checkout.
Citywide Taxi for Pauline.

Anyway, once we get through the checkout we make our way outside and I phone for a taxi to take us back home, the taxi arrives within a few minutes and it is not long before we are home, so the first thing is a nice hot decaffeinated coffee. we get the shopping put away and Pauline and I sit down with our coffee and have a chat, It is now 1.15 and Pauline has to make her way home so I phone for a taxi for her and she is soon on her way home and I get a couple of Crispbread for my lunch and then settle down with the Laptop for the afternoon.




Well that was an interesting morning, so now to relax for the afternoon and get my Daily journal done for today and then get dinner for 6.00 in preparation for going down to see Gervase and Leanne this evening.
I am working on doing my Daily Journal and have a phone call from Gervase to say that he may be late home and it may be wise to cancel tonight as there are long delays on the train services from Haywards Heath to Portsmouth, the reason is that a person has been hit by a train at East croydon and there is no trains running for at least another hour, or longer, anyway that phone call was at 4.30 Gervase rang to say that he has managed to get a train to Lewis and hopefully he can get home in a roundabout route, but he will keep me informed. anyway the weather at the moment is not to bad as you can see from a screen shot of the live weather from Langston Harbour weather station at 4.58 this evening.

Well It is now 5.00 pm so time to get this edition of the daily journal posted and then get ready for Pointless on BBC1 so until tomorrow and a better day weather wise I hope I will say Cheerio for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment