Wednesday, December 7, 2011

At Last a day of Rest:

On Saturday The weather fine
To Leigh Park we did go.
To see my sister with her stall.
At the crafty Christmas show.

Next day was Sunday, Colder now
But no rest there for me.
My Son came round, and took me Down.
To Pauline for to see.

Now Monday was a busy day
The Doctor I did see.
The Podiatrist in the afternoon,
and then went home for tea.

Tuesday was taken up you see
with shopping for three hours.
we got it all in Asda though
but did not get any flowers.

Now Wednesday,s here, a day of rest.
This now is my reward,
And as I sit with my TV.
I'm getting "" Really Bored "" 


Well here we are then Wednesday and half way through the week, it has been a really quiet day today. I woke this morning at 7.15 so had a good nights sleep last night, I went round to see my son and daughter in law last night for a couple of hours and Leanne,s dad Dave gave me a lift home about 9.15. So did not get to bed until about 11.00 so had a really good nights sleep.

The weather is quite good again today, the weather forecast is for a cold but bright day with showers expected later in the afternoon, 

Wednesday Weather.
So I get out of bed and make a nice coffee and put the heating on to take the chill out of the house and jump back into bed to watch the news on the TV until 8.00 when it will be time to get up ready for the carer to wash and groom me when she comes.


It is now 8.30 and Amanda arrives, she travels between clients on a cycle so is feeling the cold these days, anyway she is her normal happy self so it is not long before she has me ready for the day ahead and as she makes her way to the next client I go out to the kitchen and get the Chicken casserole pack I got from Asda yesterday into the slow cooker, so that will be ready for 6.30 tonight, I also make another coffee, decaffeinated of course and also some Porridge for breakfast and go and settle down in front of the TV with the laptop, and this is about what my day today will be after 4 very busy days.

Walk the long way round
to the local shops
Well it is now getting on for 11.00 so I need to have a short stroll round to the Local Shops and get some Fruit drink and a News Paper, so make sure I wrap up warm as although the sun is out it is a very cold wind blowing today that is making it feel very cold, anyway it takes about 30 min,s to get there and back as I walked the long way round just to get a bit of exercise and some fresh air anyway now back in doors so make a hot drink and go back to the laptop for an hour before getting lunch at 12.30




Well it is now 12.30 and I am getting some Chicken soup with a couple of Crisp breads and butter for lunch, that really did go down a treat and my appetite seems to be returning as my Dysphagia is improving so I also have a small Banana and two Mr Kipling lemon slices as well so that feels better. anyway I now go back to watch the reruns of only fools and horses on BBC 1  and then once they have finished I then get back onto the laptop to get this edition of my Daily journal done.

Well that is about it, this edition is ready to post to my blog, the casserole in the kitchen smells really great, the heating is on so all snug and warm, and the night is drawing in and so curtains closed and lights on and it is only 4.21, so until tomorrow I will say tatty bye. and leave you with a picture taken from the live webcam from gosport showing the view of Portsmouth harbour at 4.22 this evening. showing the ferry just leaving Gosport and portsmouth harbour in the background including the spinnaker tower, and the dockyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment