Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Arrives.

Good Day and A Merry Christmas to you all, well here we are at Christmas Eve 2011 this time last year we had Snow and freezing temperatures this year we have cloudy skies, light rain showers and temperatures in double figures. below is a screen shot from the weather Observation centre at Langstone Harbour Marina at Portsmouth UK.



On the Laptop.
 Well I must say that I had a far better night last night and apart from waking at 2.00 am and 5.30 am for a few minutes i slept quite soundly and got up at 7.45 to make a coffee and then watched some TV News in bed until getting up and dressed at 8.45. There is no carer today so wash as best as I can and then get some breakfast ( Porridge) today before settling down with the Laptop to see who is around on facebook and also to check the e-mails.

Looking for last minute gifts.




At 9.15 I check the live webcam at Gosport, to see what it looks like over portsmouth and notice that there is a lot of activity in the skies over portsmouth today. It must be due to the amount of sales the shops are having and someone is out looking for last minute bargains, this depression the economy is in is affecting everyone.



On the way to Tesco.
Well the time is moving on and it is now 11.00 so time to go round to Tesco Express and get some milk and fruit drink for today and tomorrow, as most of the shops are shut tomorrow although i will be down with Gervase most of the afternoon. anyway I take a walk round to Tesco, and it is absolutely Manic, why are people buying so much , the shops are only closed for one day oh well never mind, get what I want and head back home.

Pauline, Gordon and Misty.
I then get back home and make a coffee and settle down to watch some TV, the film " Cats and Dogs II is on in half an hour at 12.10 so that is OK. Anyway at 12.00 I decide to get some scrambled egg for lunch, as I am doing that I get a phone call from Pauline to sat She and Gordon are on the way round to see me, and will be here in 10 minutes. so I finish getting my eggs scrambled and started eating when they both turn up and they have walked here with Misty.

Tesco Express
It is nice to see Pauline, Gordon and Misty, so we have a nice chat and a coffee, they stay for about an hour and then they make there way back home, misty is very excited as I think she is hoping Santa will pay her a visit tonight, I know he will as I have given pauline a christmas stocking for both Misty and Charlie the Cat. ( I must  be loosing my marbles). Anyway pauline and gordon make there way home and I now have been left with all the washing up to do (As Usual) and then I go back round to tesco express to get some Gravy Granules and some Mr Kipling sponge slices and then back home. to watch the christmas films on the TV.

An Evening of TV
Being a Glutton this afternoon as I have eaten 4 (YES 4) Mr Kipling slices with a coffee and it was really nice to be able to eat, although very slowly and lots of sips of liquid between bites but 100% better than a puree diet. however it is now 3,45 so time for another coffee, get this addition of the Journal posted and then settle back down for the evening with the Christmas programs on TV, and dinner at 6, I have a sainsburys ready meal tonight (Roast beef dinner) so will see how I get on with that, I may have to puree the beef but the rest should just mash down if required, so until tomorrow, and christmas day I will say Have a nice Christmas eve and Christmas day.

1 comment:

  1. You're not losing your marbles, Frank. My in-laws buy our kitty presents every year, even his own stocking. And he loves to open them, especially any packet containing catnip.

    Happy Christmas to you, hope you have a good night tonight as well. We have sun here right now in Buffalo NY, and that's good enough!

    Peace, Exploding Mary

    ReplyDelete