Friday, December 2, 2011

Another Methotrexate Friday

The dreaded Methotrexate.
And wonders of wonders, another wet and windy night, winter is certainly approaching the South Coast now, anyway not to bad a nights sleep last night, went to bed about 10.30 woke at about 11.50 but then went straight back to sleep and woke about 5.30, decided that I would take my Methotrexate while I was up for the bathroom and then went back to bed, put on the TV and fell back to sleep until 7.45, so all in all not a bad night,

Large Picket Line ??
So Time to get the coffee made and an hour in bed watching the depressing news until about 9.00 when I will get up ready for the carer, will probably be another different one today, anyway amanda will be back on Monday, so that will be OK. The news is still full of the Government and the Unions arguing over whether the strike on Wednesday was a success or not, The Government say it was a 'Damp Squid" and the Unions saying it was a resounding success. According to all the reports and sales figures, the only winners were the shops, as retail sales were up that day, so my conclusion is that although there may have been 2 million Public Sector workers out on strike, probably 90% of those were out shopping.

Todays weather .
However here I am sat in bed watching the weather forecast for today, temperature is about 8 c and the forecast is for sunny periods today with rain coming in for this evening and overnight, and the winds increasing to possible gale force, anyway I hear someone knocking on the front door and to my surprise it is the carer who has arrived at 8.30, well I got well and truly caught out unprepared today.

Claire the Carer.
Any way open the door and it is Claire Again, she is the new girl that came yesterday, so that is OK, I apologize for keeping her waiting and then she gets my face and neck washed and gets my hair groomed and I am all ready for the day, so am pleased about that, so claire makes her way to the next client and I decide that I may as well get dressed and then get some breakfast, so that is what I do.

Well that is breakfast over and done with so now to get on the laptop and see who is about and on Facebook, time to play a few facebook games and then watch a bit of TV, I put the central heating on earlier as I found it a bit chilly but it has warmed up nicely now so make sure I turn it off, otherwise if the air gets to dry I end up with a sore throat. that is the only thing I do not like about Central Heating, it dries out the air to much, I have tried using Humidifiers but with not a lot of Success.

I love the Asda Crisp Breads.
Well I have been watching a bit of TV and working/playing on the Laptop and decide that I need to get some fresh air, so will take a walk round to Tesco Express to get some milk and fruit drink, I might as well go now while the sun is out so wrap up warm with a winter coat and scarf and take a leisurely stroll around the block to Tesco.

That was Ok I am now back home in the warm, I enjoyed the walk as I do enjoy the fresh air, anyway it is 12.30 so time to get some lunch, decide on Cream of Chicken soup today with a couple of Crisp breads with butter, I enjoyed that but not as tasty as the soup we had yesterday when we were out down town.

HMS Victory.
So now to watch the lunchtime News on TV and then it is the series Doctor,s for 25 minutes and then the repeats of only fools and horses,  I go on the laptop to see what is headlined in the local evening paper and see that they have mentioned that the USA Navy submarine USS Miami was visiting Portsmouth Dockyard and some of the sailors received there promotions on board Nelsons Flagship HMS Victory, so have posted the link on my facebook page for all my American Myositis friends to see.

This evenings weather.
Well that is my day done and dusted, it is now 3.21 and time to get this edition to the daily journal posted, it has been a very relaxing day today, I am glad I took the Methotrexate early as it makes it easier for the rest of the day as by the time I got up today at 8.30 I had got over the foirst 3 hours of the affects of the Methotrexate, and was feeling ok by lunch time, anyway looks like the weather is about to change for the evening so batten down the hatches and settle down with the TV and the soap,s this evening and see what films are on, so until tomorrow I will say tatty bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment