Friday, December 16, 2011

The storm that never was :

Was it a Dream.
Well I woke up this morning expecting to see torrential rain  or sleet or snow, but what did I see, a few spots of rain and lots of Sunshine, apparently the storm that was expected to arrive on the South coast changed track at the last moment and visited Northern France instead, so a bit of a let off for us here, but it is still very cold, temp about 3 c this morning at 7.00. I could have sworn I saw a Penguin in the back garden this morning but it was probably a dream (LOL).

Had a really decent nights sleep last night, went to bed about 10.30 woke up about 5.00 so decided to take my Methotrexate and then went back to sleep until 7.00 so that was OK.
Caught in a shower.
Got up to make a coffee at 7.00 and took it back to bed and watched the News until 8.00 when I got up and went into the lounge to await Amanda the carer, just before Amanda came we had a short sharp shower so Amanda arrives absolutely soaking, lucky for her she had her waterproofs on so that was OK, anyway I get washed and groomed and then she is on her way and I go and get some porridge for breakfast before settling down to watch the TV News and go online to see who is around on Facebook, and to check my emails

Side view of the Turner centre
Well it is now it is 10.30 and I need to phone a Taxi to take me down to the Turner Centre. to see the speech therapist for a swallow assessment, hopefully she will give me the go ahead to carry on with eating  more solid foods and weaning of the puree diet.
I have not seen this speech therapist before, The one I used to have has moved to pastures new so I am now seeing another one called Dawn.
The Turner centre is situated next to St James Hospital in Locksway Road, Portsmouth, I have never been there so somewhere different to go. I need to sort out a few snacks to take with me for the assessment.

!!! The Turkey is legging it !!!!
I got here at 10 55 and went in to see dawn at 11.10. the assessment went well and we talked about how the progress with the swallowing was going and it was decided that we would come of the puree diet and go to a " Soft Lumps Diet " ( Don't ask ) honestly it is not as bad as it sounds Description according to the " Plan Sheet" is

  • Food is Soft
  • Food can be broken into pieces with a fork
  • Can be made of solids and thick Sauces and Gravies
  • Requires little chewing.
So there we have it " Christmas Dinner here I come " Get the gravy ready,

I leave the Turner Centre and phone for a Taxi to take me Home,  I am really pleased with the outcome today, While I am waiting for the Taxi I get a text from Leanne to see how it all went so I send her a text back and let her know the outcome, and  I get the taxi to drop me off at Tesco Express in Goldsmith avenue so I can get my Milk and Fruit Drink, and then I get indoors and get the Kettle on for a nice cup  of Coffee. It is 12.30 by now so text Gervase and Pauline to let them know how it went. and then at 1.00 I decide to get some lunch so have a cheese and onion quiche.

Portsmouth Harbour 1.15 pm today.
It is still very cold so settle in front of the TV with the laptop, nice and cosy with the heat on, the weather is still very bright with Blue skies, although there are a few heavy dark clouds around with the occasional shower, However I have a short nap in the recliner and then work on the computer and also decide to get this edition of the daily journal done and posted to my blog, and then it will be time for Pointless on BBC1 at 5.15.

Well another good day so will have to think about getting dinner ready soon I have a Asda ready meal tonight . it is a creamy Chicken, Leek and potato bake so with a little extra sauce it should go down a treat, so until tomorrow I will say Bye Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment