Monday, December 26, 2011

And Boxing day arrives.

Well, Well, Well, Who would have thought 8 months ago that I would be sat down yesterday eating a Christmas Dinner, not just one helping but Two, "Yes Two"  mind you they were 2 very small helpings as I was not going to go silly but took it easy with lots of Gravy, Glasses of water, and short rests, but it was so good, I just hope the improvement continues into 2012, so thanks must go to my Speech Therapist, My Neurologist and my GP for getting me to where I am today, and god bless the National Health Service. also special thanks must go to My Son Gervase and his lovely Wife Leanne, to Pauline and Gordon, My Sister Eileen and my brother Pat  and brother Dave. for all the help and support they have given me this last year also to the rest of the family  in the UK, and Canada who have supported me, and also to all the Myositis friends that I have made on Facebook. "THANK YOU ONE AND ALL"

The Family and Friends.



I had a decent nights sleep again last night, went to bed at 10.30 after a really great day round with Gervase, Leanne, Elaine and Dave, Dave gave me a lift home at 7.30 so that was nice of him, I watched Coronation street and then Downton Abbey at 9.00. thought I would watch the last 30 mins in bed, but fell asleep before the end (Bummer) woke at about 4.30 went to the bathroom and then back to bed and woke again about 8.30, Made a coffee and went back to bed to watch the cartoon "The Gruffalo" and got up about 9.30 to get some wheatabix and to watch the "Gruffalo Child" in the lounge.

Today is going to be a very Lazy day (what is new you all shout) " Nothing I reply" I am going to spend the day and evening on Facebook and watching TV "Oh no your not" you all shout, "Oh Yes I am", " Oh no your not", "Oh yes I am" Oh come on, get in the pantomime spirit. so far I have also watched "Singing in the Rain" and am now watching " On the town" with Frank sinatra and Gene Kelly. I am having 3 crispbread with cream cheese for lunch, and then after I have finished I will take a slow stroll around the block before the rain sets in, I have just checked the live webcam overlooking Portsmouth Harbour and the rain clouds are gathering.

Portsmouth 2.20 pm 26-12-2011


Just been round to Tesco Express and got some fruit drink and some Skinless Sausages so will probably have a couple of Sausages with a burger and Mashed potato for dinner tonight with plenty of gravy and then I brought some Christmas pudding home from Gervase,s last night so will have that with some Custard for pudding. I think I ate to much yesterday so only small meals today (probably). anyway walked home the longer way round from Tesco,s and the clouds have seemed to have cleared and there is blue sky and sunshine now, anyway need to push on and get todays edition of the journal finished and then settle down with the paper and Crossword,s before emmerdale at 6.30 and dinner at 7.00 pm tonight. 

What a difference an hour makes.
Portsmouth Harbour 3.30 26-12-2011

Well I have just made a nice coffee and had with a couple of Biscuits, they are Foxes Biscuits, I do love a nice biscuit in the afternoon with a cup of Coffee, perhaps that is why I am putting on weight, apparently I am getting heavier to push in the wheelchair according to Pauline, so perhaps for easter I should buy her a subscription to a Gym. LOL. "bless her", hopefully if they can stabilize the medication and the inflammation then hopefully I can start Physio and wean myself of the wheelchair. that is going to be my new year resolution I think " to be able to take part in Next years 5k walk at the Great South Run next October. My son took part in the 10k run this year.
Am I really putting on weight.


If I can get to the stage where I can walk with the aide of a cane for 5 Km then I will be happy. I have my Tea shirt designed ready to wear and all donations will go to the Myositis support group here in the UK. Below is my T-Shirt Design.


Well That is my Goal for 2012, and I have got 9 months to get ready  anyway back to today, It is now 4.00 pm and ready to settle down for an evening of High class Television Entertainment ( Ho Ho Ho ) if I can find where I have put the remote control that is  " all shout", "Its Behind You", Oh No don't start that again. anyway it had fallen of the coffee table " so There ". anyway the highlight of today is on BBC 1 at 10.00 pm its " Mrs Brown's boys Christmas special " so looking forward to that so Shrek 2 is on now and at 6.10 pm it is Madagascar : Escape 2 Africa" so a good afternoon /evening ahead.
Mrs Brown,s Boys Cast.

Well Time to get this edition posted and will be back to normal service (Nearly) tomorrow so until then I will say Have a good Evening/afternoon/morning. wherever you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment