Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A day in the life of !!!!!

When all around is chaos.
And I really feel like crap.
I just look into a mirror.
And give myself a slap.

I won,t feel sorry for Myself
There is nothing I can do.
I've got DermatoMyositis
But I have not got the flue !!! YET !!!!


I have not got a clue why I wrote that, Just something different I suppose, anyway Hi people hope you are all ok today,  not a lot happening today, the weather is very damp so the best place is indoors today.

After all the excitement of shopping at Asda yesterday it is time to take it easy today, anyway had a decent nights sleep didn't wake until 4.00 am this morning (first time I have slept for 4 hours without waking for a long time) turned over and went back to sleep until 6.30 am.

Yesterday I bought A fresh chicken joint from Asda so decided I would cook that today, so put that into the slow cooker at 8.00 am this morning,  by 1.00 pm it was cooked with the flesh of the bone so steamed some Brocolli and Cauliflower, made some quick Mashed potato using "Smash" and some frozen "Swede and Carrot Mash ", pureed it all seperately and had that for lunch, with a nice chicken gravy. enjoyed it but the downside is the amount of washing up to do, I now know why I buy ready meals to puree. I keep looking at all the washing up to do so better make a start on that or else it will soon be time to think about getting tea.

One thing I have noticed is that I have more of an appetite now and am eating more, although the Dysphagia has not improved, at least I am finding different thing,s to puree, so am getting a varied diet and a selection of taste,s. I Am looking at compiling, a recipe book for pureed meals for people that need a pureed diet, this was suggested to me by my cousin Maureen in Canada, so giving it serious thought.

Well it,s been a good day today, although quiet, Leanne may be popping in to see me after work today, so if she does it will be nice to see her and have a chat. Right now must go and get that washing up done so will catch up with all you folk tomorrow.

Update 18:40
Leanne  came round about 4.30 pm, so that was nice to see her and have a nice chat. also her mum Elaine came round later so we also had a nice chat, it is so nice to see family as it breaks up the monotony of the day and gives me a respite from day time TV. It is Gervase and Leanne,s 2nd wedding anniversary on Saturday so hopefully they will have a nice day together and spend some time to themselves, leanne and Elaine left about 18:20 , so it was a very pleasant afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment