Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It Gets more like monty Python by the day

Hello you lucky people, as the song goes  "Always look on the bright side of life", or in my case never take at face value what the powers that be tell you, as you can bet your bottom dollar that if the system can cock it up, then it will, but on saying that it does make the days interesting and gives me a laugh along the way, Oh and just to let you know the "Dermatomyositis" is going along splendidly,  So lets look at todays little scenario that unfolded at the Health Centre.

As Usual on a Tuesday I Go to Eastney Health Centre for a Blood test, {the reason being that due to the medication being used to suppress the muscle inflammation, I am at risk of picking up infection,s a lot easier, due to a suppressed immune system.} I also have the district nurse come in weekly to dress a bad infection on one of my toes, however the District nurse thought it would be a good idea if she arranged for my toe infection to be cleaned and dressed at the health centre when I have my Blood test, "Reasonable I thought, no problem with that" !!! Cue Monty Python, the Goodies and the Goons !!!!

Arrived at health centre at 10.30 along with Pauline and went to reception to check in here is how the conversation went.

Me: Hello Francis Smith for 10.40 appointment for blood test.
Receptionist : Hello here you are No. 14
Me : has the district nurse arranged for my dressing on my toe to be done by the Practice nurse.
Receptionist : Let me check on the System.
Receptionist : No, Nothing for today but I have appointments for the next three weeks.
Me: That,s strange should be one for today
Receptionist: I will write down the times for you on an appointment card.
Receptionist: Next week 19th july at 12.10
Me: But 
Receptionist: Tuesday 26th July at 08.30
Me: But 
Receptionist: Tuesday 2nd August at 12.10.
Me: You are Joking, you say that I have to come at 10.40 for a blood test and then come at another time for my dressing,s to be done, this should have been arranged to follow the blood test.
Receptionist:  So what are you saying.
Me: Cancel those appointments and I will contact the district nurses and they will have to carry on doing it at home.


In the words of Victor Meldrew "I Dont Believe it", so there you have it folks my entertainment for the day, however got back home and phoned District nurses so they are going to resume the dressings on a Friday. what you think should be a very simple time and cost saving excercise turns into a episode from a soap opera.

So apart from that excitement it has been a relatively quiet day today, nice to see `Pauline, her hip was easier today, I have no problems so better get on as it is nearing medication time, then an afternoon nap.
Take care folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment