Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday comes and Tuesday goes.

Hi everyone, well here we are Tuesday the 19th July 2011, as you know from the previous post had to phone the GP today because last week,s blood test result showed a low white blood count, however must have misheard the receptionist as when I spoke to the doctor she said that it was a high blood count on the white blood cells not a low count, however she was not to concerned at this point as we are still in the process of increasing the Methotrexate in stages and then stabalizing. all she said was that if I felt unwell at all to contact the surgery and she also said that when I had a blood test in 1997 I had a high white blood cell count then also ? so it may be that I am one of those people with a high white blood count, anyway we will carry on monitoring with weekly blood tests so it looks like the GP,s have at last got there act together and accepting the fact that they need to take me seriously, as I spent from Oct 2010 until May 2011 trying to convince them something was wrong with me and them not showing a great deal of interest, however they still have very little knowledge of Dermatomyositis. as the doctor said today " You are a bit of a challenge "" Ha Ha Tell me about it.

Right there we go moan over. Been a good day so far today, pauline came about 11.00 am and took me shopping in Asda (The English Walmart ). did a good shop so that helped, still can't understand the attitude of some people when they are confronted with a wheel chair,  it is not the easiest thing in the world to manouver around a store especially when you have a trolley clipped to the front ( Think Pauline needs to take a driving lesson in Wheelchair Pushing), Only Joking

The weather was quite pleasant this morning with some nice sunshine but as I sit here now, black clouds are approaching so looks like it will be wet this evening,

Gervase will be coming in to visit this evening for an hour on his way home from work, so it will be nice to see him and have a chat, and put the world to right,s  (well Campbell and Clegg cant do it right)

It is now 2.45 and the district Nurse has just arrived so will have to go and get my toe infection dressed so will be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment