Thursday, August 1, 2013

And the daily journal goes from strength to strength.

A great big HELLO to one and all to day, well here we are on another Thursday and the hot weather has made a return to the South Coast
Not only is it the start of another Thursday it is also the start of a new month so we say farewell to July and Hello to August the Eighth month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian calendars.
And in case anybody is interested the Birthstone for August is the Peridot or Onyx and the birth flower is the "Gladiolus or Poppy meaning Beauty, Strength of character, Love, Marriage and Family.
Gladiolus
and one other thing that I must mention today is that the number of people who are reading my daily Journal blog is increasing in Leaps and Bounds. I started the daily Journal on the First of July 2011 and in the first month I had 610 people read it, in the month of July 2012 2389 people read it and in the Month of July 2013 (Last month) 4,461 people read it and to get 4000 + people reading my journal a month is phenomenal.


And so back to today, it was a decent nights sleep last night although not as good as the previous few nights due to the fact that the nights got very humid again as the hot weather returns again, temperatures today have been reaching 27 C here which is about 81 F but it is nice to see the sun as I drew the curtains at 6.45 when I woke this morning, so after making my way to the bathroom and them making a coffee, which I took back to bed where I lazed listening to the local radio until 8.00 when I made my way into the lounge with another coffee
I need my Coffee
once in the Lounge I put on the Breakfast news on the TV and then send the morning text to Pauline, before getting some Porridge for breakfast and then checking out the emails and facebook on the laptop. about 8.45 Pauline phones to say that she is OK she is out on the common with Misty for the morning walk and although it is sunny and warm there is a bit of a mist over solent and the Isle of Wight is not visible, also a lot of the common is fenced off as they are putting up the marquees etc ready for the two day Southsea show this weekend.
Walking the dog
anyway Pauline is going to book a taxi for 11.00 and then will collect me and "Roland" the rollator and we will go down to morrisons to get the shopping, we will not be going to the city centre first so I will not need the wheelchair as we will go straight to morrisons and then straight back home afterwards so I will use the Rollator to get around the store and Pauline will push the trolley.
You don't need all that Pauline, Gordon will not be amused. 
However once I have spoken to Pauline I settle down to watch an episode of "Bonanza" that I recorded last weekend it is episode 5 from series 1 anyway at 10.30 I go and get a wash and shave and then get myself dressed ready for when Pauline arrives just after 11.00 and then we are off down to Morrisons to get the shopping.
What to wear ?
Once down at Morrisons we go round and get the shopping and then  once we have got what we wanted we go into the cafe area and have a coffee and a sausage roll each before going and paying for the shopping and then we get the Taxi back home, once indoors we get the shopping put away and then have a coffee before Pauline heads back home and I go for a lie down for 30 minutes.
Morrisons Fresh fish counter
Morrisons Fresh Veg Department
Once I have had my lie down for 30 minutes I go and make a coffee and take out into the back yard where all the shrubs are coming out in bloom and the array of colours is very pleasant, there are many Honey bees around collecting the pollen and also lots of butterflies fluttering around, it is very warm outside so only stay out for about 20 minutes before going back indoors at 3.30 and start the daily Journal.




Five Photographs of my back yard from today
So it is now 5.00 and it is time to get todays Journal posted and then start to get dinner ready for tonight, I got a nice piece of Sea Bass down at Morrisons today with a spig of Parsley and I am going to have that tonight with a Jacket Potato with Butter and grated cheese, and after that a nice Strawberry and clotted cream Yoghurt, so that should go down a treat, so I will end todays journal with a photograph of a sign that hangs inside my front door, This was made for me by my sister last year when I moved from my house into my ground floor flat, and it is something I read every day.
How true is this
So until tomorrow I will say....................







No comments:

Post a Comment