Sunday, February 3, 2013

Early morning wake up "Doh"

Well as the title says, awake early again today, just could not sleep last night, went to bed about 10.30, asleep by eleven but awake by 4.30 ish. Think I must have dropped of again  about 7.00 but awake again by 8.00 so made a coffee and stayed in bed listening to the radio until getting up about 9.15. One song I did here today on the Radio, made me think I should use that as my theme song with this Dermatomyositis. it was "Monty Pythons" "Always look on the bright side of life".

Always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the bright side of life

Some things in life are bad, they can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble give a whistle
This will help things turn out for the best

Always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the right side of life

If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing
When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly, chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle, that's the thing


Although I do not think that the second verse would be applicable in my case and also the very first change to me that started all this off was that I lost the ability to whistle.


Yep, Definitely a Fault
Anyway once I was in the lounge with my coffee I text Pauline and she phones back to say that she is out on the common with Misty for her morning walk and Gordon is at home preparing to start getting the bathroom ready to decorate. after Pauline has finished I get some Porridge for Breakfast, and then Gervase phones to see how I am and to say that It may not be possible to go shopping today as they had a problem with an Electrical Socket blowing the trip fuse last night, and they have no electric on the 1st and 2nd  Floors, although they have power on the 3rd and 4th floor and there heating is working as it is on a separate circuit. But no power in the kitchen on the second floor although they do have lights as that is a separate  circuit also and they have a gas cooker so they can cook. And the electrician is coming today between 12.00 and 3.00


Reading the Newspaper
So Once I have spoken to Gervase and finished Breakfast I get dressed and take a slow walk round to get the morning paper and also some Banana,s and Milk, then head back home to make a nice hot coffee and to settle down to read the paper and get the crosswords done, it is very cold outside but at least it is dry so will not be going far today 

Thank you Mr Electrician
Once I had read the Newspaper I went for a lie down for an hour, after that I make a coffee and go back into the lounge to work on my new website "The Myositis Hub" still got a little more work to get the format right, I had lots of ideas from my Myositis friends from around the world so that has helped, Gervase phones about 2.00 to say that the Electrician has been and it is a fault in the socket, however he cannot replace it today as he has to order one as it is a 3 socket plate so he will phone Gervase tomorrow with a quote, and to arrange a time to fit the new one, however he has made the wiring safe so that is OK.

Toasted Crumpets and Butter
That is good news so no major problem so Once Gervase is off the phone I go and toast a couple of Crumpets to have with a coffee for a light lunch and then get the vegetable prepared for tonight,s dinner. I had Gluten free Sausages and Mashed Potato for dinner last night and I really enjoyed them, they were very tasty but it was a little difficult on the swallowing so will not have them that often, but it was a nice change and when you think this time last year I had just come of off a Puree Diet it was a nice change, anyway tonight it will be Plaice fillet with Potato, Cauliflower and Broccoli with a cheese sauce. 

Once lunch was over I did the washing up and then settled down to get todays Journal written, Gervase phoned to say that he will be round to see me after he has dropped Leanne off at her mums so I will get this Journal finished and Posted before he arrives, but as it is late in the afternoon 3.15 we will not be going out to the shops which suits me fine as it has got very cold out there today, so I will say Tatty bye until tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment