Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Classic Read today

A Tuesday Cartoon
Insomnia Rules ! OK !
Welcome to Tuesday folks, and another busy day ahead shopping at Asda with Pauline. well it was not a good night last night, went to bed at 11.00 and it was about an hour before I dropped off to sleep but by 2.30 I was awake, anyway went on to face book for an hour to have a chat with a few of my American and Canadian Relatives and Friends and got back off to sleep at 3.30 ish and slept right through until 7.30 this morning when my Alarm clock went off, so a night of two halves really.

However that is all behind us today and thank goodness the rain has eased of a tad today but coming back with strong winds and with a vengeance tonight according to the weather forecast.

I have been looking at the classic books that I used to read as a child, my favourite was always "Treasure Island" along with "The Three Musketeers" and "Robinson Crusoe" you may be wondering why I should mention this but, it is that, today the 24th April is the 281st Anniversary of the Death of the Author Daniel Defoe, who wrote many books pamphlets and Journals including Robinson Crusoe.
Robinson Crusoe
Daniel Defoe was born around 1660 and was born Daniel Foe in London and gained fame for his novel "Robinson Crusoe" He was a prolific writer of many Pamphlet,s and Journals on a wide range of subjects. Daniel Defoe died on the 24th of April 1731 and is buried in Bunhill Fields, london where his grave can still be visited.

So there you go folks another short history lesson by yours truly and now on to the really interesting events of my day.
Groomed ready for  the day ahead
Once I was up and in the lounge with my morning coffee I put on the TV to watch the Morning News and to wait for Jo the carer to arrive, Jo arrives at 8.25 and is full of beans this morning,and soon has me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead, she is in a happy mood as she only has one more client after me so will be finished for the day by 10.00 am and is then going round to see her dad.

On the laptop.
So once Jo Has left I get some Porridge for breakfast and then text pauline to let her know all is ok, and she phones back to say that she is about to take misty out for her walk on the common and that she will be round about 11.00 to take me shopping to Asda at the Bridge Centre Fratton, her Knee is still very swollen but she has been told by the physio to try and do the things she normally does but at a slower pace, she has taken her pain medication and that is helping, so I settle down with the laptop for half an hour to check facebook and my emails before getting ready for when Pauline arrives.

Pauline arrives at 11.10 and I am all ready to go, she has brought some Laundry back with her so we leave that in the lounge while the wheelchair is put into the taxi and then we are off to Asda.
Must learn to keep my opinion to myself.
Once at Asda we go into the store and it is very busy here today, apparently according to the check out girl it was very quiet yesterday because of the weather so it looks like everyone is here today shopping as it is manic, It amazes me how rude and inconsiderate some people can be when going round a supermarket with the shopping trolleys, and some of them are downright rude.

Anyway I do not have a lot of shopping to get, in fact Pauline gets more than me, once we are finished we get it paid for and then phone for a Taxi to take us back home.

My son Gervase.
Once home we get everything out of the Taxi and get my shopping put away, and then make the coffee and Pauline and I then have a Sausage roll with the coffee and a nice chat for Half an hour, we get my Laundry that Pauline brought back today and then at 2.00 Pauline heads back home and I go for a lie down and catch up on an hours sleep.

The time is now 3.30, I have had a nice cat nap and now I need to get this journal written and posted and then I can think about getting dinner ready early tonight as I will be going down to spend a couple of hours with Gervase and leanne tonight, Leanne,s dad will also be there so that will be nice.

Well that is about as exciting as it gets today, To all my Australian friends and Family I would like to say that Tomorrow is Anzac Day and we will remember all our Australian Extended Family who were with the Australian and New Zealand armed forces and took part in the Gallipoli Landings on the 25th April 1915.

So until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye

3 comments:

  1. Yes - some people have no respect for people in wheelchairs ..... it makes me mad and feel like
    knocking their ankles BUT sense takes over and I just shake my head - Frankie sometimes comments and I tell him shush ! Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell me to shush as much as you like, You got to tell it as it is LOL

    ReplyDelete