Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Dull and dreary Saturday.

More Energy.
Good morning people and Welcome to Easter Saturday. Well I went to bed at 11.00 pm last night and slept through until 5.30. so another night of uninterrupted sleep. 6 hours this time, so hopefully the sleep pattern is starting to fall into place, certainly do not feel so tired in the morning and seem to have more energy.

Well I laze in bed with a coffee and doze on and off until 8.00 when I get up and go to the kitchen for another coffee. and then into the lounge to await the carer. The carer arrives at 8.30. it s a young Rumanian girl. I have only seen her once before but she is very nice and soon has me washed and groomed and ready for breakfast.
That did the trick.
I am having some porridge today and taking it easy as I have been suffering with bouts of Constipation due to the medication, they all list either Constipation or Diarrhea  as one of the side effects, so normally take Lactulose in the mornings. well I phoned the GP last Monday and she said to try taking Lactulose in the morning and Laxido at Night so that is what I have been doing all week, well yesterday and this morning it worked with a vengeance.

Go gordon Go. Don't let Pauline
catch you slacking
Now that I am Washed and groomed I text Pauline and let her know all is OK here, Pauline phones back to say that all is OK with them and they are hoping to finish wall papering the front room today. so that will keep her and Gordon Busy. anyway I now go and get dressed and then settle down with the Laptop and to watch "Time Team on TV until lunch time at 12.00.

Well lunch time is approaching and today it will be a light lunch of Chicken soup and a couple of crisp bread, and once I have had that I can then settle down to watch a couple of " Old " Movies on TV this afternoon. The first Movie is "Road to Rio" starring Bob Hope, Bing Crosby and Dorothy lamour. This is a 1947 Film and the 5th film of seven in the Road series of movies
Road to Rio Movie
The second film "Bringing Up Baby" is a 1938 film starring Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant. It is a Very funny film and was voted 24th best film of all time by Entertainment Weekly. "Baby" is a pet Leopard and the Title song to the film is "I can't give you anything but love, Baby"
Bringing up Baby Movie
Southampton Stadium
St Marys.
Both these films were very good although I have seen them before, Many years ago though. At the same time the local Derby game of soccer was being played between Portsmouth and Southampton, always great rivalry at these matches and unfortunately often resulting in violence between the opposing fans after the match. however it was a good match today, it was played at Southampton and the final score was Southampton 2 Portsmouth 2 so a good result.

My sister Eileen and her friend Chris have a stall out at a craft and garden show at Somerley out near the New Forest. They are there with there craft items and demonstrating "Leaded Glass work" as the two of them have a company called "Decima Design"  They are there Today, Sunday and Monday so hope the weather stays good and they have a good time.
Eileen and Chris "Decima Design" stall


Well that is about it for today, Gervase came round for a while this afternoon and did a bit of shopping for me, and now it is time to start thinking about what to have for dinner tonight, I think it will be Pork loin steak with potato, broccoli and Cauliflower. so now I need to get this Journal posted and have a cat nap for an hour and start dinner at 5.30 so until tomorrow I will say Adios Amigo.


No comments:

Post a Comment