Monday, April 16, 2012

Its The New Carer Day today.


good morning world, its a brand new day and the start of another week. I have decided that today is the day I resurrect my Family history research, and starting today I am going to see how far I can get with researching my Great Grandfather,s younger brother Frederick Cecil Smith. who emigrated to the USA in 1911 and settled in Trenton, New Jersey.

Well it is another bright and sunny morning here on the South Coast of the UK. the sun is shining and the sky is blue and I had a decent nights sleep last night, sleeping from 11.00 until 6.30 so feeling refreshed this morning. Here is a photo of portsmouth Harbour and the Spinnaker Tower at about 10.00 O'clock this morning as taken by the live webcam.

Portsmouth at 10.00 am this morning.
Well I stay festering in bed until 7.30 then decide to go and make a coffee and go into the lounge and watch the news on TV until the carer arrives.
Today is when the new care company takes over, so it will be strange not to see amanda today, but we will see what the new carer is like and give it a week or two to see how it goes.
A new carer comes  today 
Well I must say on first impressions I am impressed with the new Carer and the organization of the company. The Carer came at 8.45 and was a young lady, she has only been with the company for 3 weeks but very efficient, also I have a really good care plan from the new company and using the home phone and a free phone number she has to log in when she arrives and log out when she leaves, it does not take her long to wash and groom be and put the cream on my feet and then she is on her way.

Todays Breakfast.
Well that was well organised so now to get some Breakfast, wheatabix I think and then will text Pauline and let her know all is OK, Pauline phones and says that she is out on the common with Misty today and it is very sunny but very cold, so I tell her to keep warm and settle down with the laptop to check emails and facebook.

Well that is e-mails and facebook checked so now to spend the next couple of hours on family history research.  I have made some progress but the time is approaching 1.30 so time for some lunch, I do not know where the morning has gone today, anyway I am having chicken soup today with a couple of crisp bread so that will be a nice light lunch as I seem to be having a lot of Flatulence today, to many vegetables just lately I think.
The windy city Today is . Portsmouth UK
Well I enjoyed lunch and now for a quick hours nap before I start this Journal, I am feeling the cold today so have put the heating on to take the chill of the place. I have a nice cat nap and make a coffee and go and start this journal. at about 4.00 pm the phone rings and it is a nice Surprise as it is my cousin Maureen phoning from Canada. It is so nice to hear her voice and we have a nice chat for about 20 minutes, Hopefully Maureen and ken are going to try and come over to the UK in September, so maybe another family get together will take place.
Maureen sat in the chair with some of the smith family at the get together May 2010

Well that was a most productive and enjoyable day today, the time has gone by in a flash and it is now 5.20 and halfway through Pointless so I need to get this Journal posted and then think about dinner tonight at 6.00 O'Clock. tonight I will be having a Spaghetti Carbonara so looking forward to that so sorry it is such a short Journal today so until tomorrow Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment