Saturday, April 28, 2012

Wet Wet And Wetter.

The Weather here is really very wet today, and apparently it is going to get wetter and windier as the weekend progresses and it looks like it will carry on until at least Wednesday, I captured the image from the live web cam at Portsmouth Harbour this morning at 8.20. showing how bleak and wet it is here.
Portsmouth at 8.20 am This Morning.
Still I am sure that over in the Pacific Ocean, that the weather was better on the 28th of April 1789 when Fletcher Christian led the Mutiny on HMS Bounty and set Lieutenant William Bligh and 18 loyal crew adrift in a rowing boat.
Mutiny on the bounty
Anyway back to the present day and our very wet and windy Saturday, I had a reasonable nights sleep last night and woke at about 3.00 dropped back off about 4.00 and woke again at 6.30. Laid in bed listening to the radio until 7.30 when I made my way into the lounge with a coffee to watch the breakfast news on the TV until Jo the carer arrives. Well Jo the carer turns up at 8.30 on her Cycle and is very wet and windswept, so I get her a cup of tea and hang her coat in front of the radiator to dry a little bit while she gets me washed and groomed.
 Once she has finished she has her cup of tea and is then on her way to her next client and I go and get some wheatabix and a banana for breakfast. 
After breakfast I text pauline to let her know that all is Ok here and then settle down with another coffee and the laptop and then check out the emails and facebook.
After a little time on the computer I watch a recorded episode of little house on the prairie, and then I get a phone call from Gervase to say he will be round between 1.00 and 2.00 to take me shopping down Asda to get a couple of bits and pieces, as it is now 11.30 I decide to get a shave and then get dressed ready to go out and then I can get some lunch before my son Gervase arrives.
I decide to make an egg mayonnaise Sandwich for lunch, with a cup of tea, that went down a treat, and now I will look forward to Gervase coming round today, at least I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday after the Methotrexate, in fact today is a pretty good day, I have a touch of the devil in me today so compose a little rhyme about Autoimmune disease.

You wake up in the Morning, And you really feel like crap.You must listen to your body, and go and take a nap. 
You will wake up feeling full of beans, it really is great fun. 
Autoimmune diseases, are a real pain in the bum.



However at 1.40 Gervase arrives and he gets the wheelchair into the car and off we go to Asda. When we get there it is absolutely packed anyway we get the car parked and then make our way with the wheelchair into the Asda store, it is even busier in the store than it is in the car park, anyway we get around and get what we want and then  back to get it loaded into the car and then head back home via the sea front.
It is nice to look out over the solent on the way back home, as the view is not interrupted by parked cars as nobody comes along here when it is raining. Once home we get the shopping put away and I make myself a coffee and gervase heads back home to Leanne.
Here Comes Gervase.
Well I just do not know where the time has gone today, it is now 5.20 and I have not done much at all today , but it has been a good day, it is now time to get this journal posted and then start preparing tonight,s dinner it will be Sea bass with Cauliflower and Broccoli  in a cheese sauce with New potatoes so that will be tasty, so until tomorrow I will say Adios Amigo,s

No comments:

Post a Comment