Sunday, April 15, 2012

Its Another Sunny Sunday


I had a pretty good nights sleep last night and slept through from about 11.30 last night until 6.30 this morning, and woke to the sun shining through the window. As you can see from the following webcam Photo it is a nice clear sunny day today.
Portsmouth at 9.30 this morning, 
Anyway dragged myself out of bed at 8.00 am, made a coffee and took it into  the lounge to watch the news on TV and await the Carer. It is the last day with this care company as the new one takes over tomorrow, however 9.00 am comes and goes and so does 10.00 am, no sign of the carer, anyway she eventually turns up at 10.20, so I have been sat around in my Dressing Gown for nearly 2.5 Hours so not at all pleased when she tells me that she overslept. 
The Carer seen over Portsmouth Harbour this morning.
Anyway she gets me washed and groomed and is then back on her way and now I can finish getting dressed and then get started on some family History research. I have got a letter to my dad written in 1945 from his Uncle Frederick smith who emigrated to the USA in the early 1910,s. they were living in Trenton, New jersey and here is a photo of Dad Visiting them in about 1944. Here he is with his Uncle Frederick, Aunt and Cousin. dad was over in the USA with the Royal Navy Stationed in New York and serving on HMS Lamont a Landing Craft Training Ship.
Dad in the USA with Uncle, Aunt and Cousin, (Dad is on the Right looking at the Photo)

Well that was an interesting couple of hours research, have not found out much so will have to access the USA Immigration Records and also the Census returns, but at least I found the area they were living in thanks to "Google Maps" so an interesting week ahead on this research I think.
The time is now approaching 12.30 so time for lunch and Salmon Sandwich today i think with some Pringles and a Lemon Curd Yoghurt. Just had a text from Pauline to say she and Gordon will pop in for a coffee later about 1.30 as they are going  to B&Q.
Well that was enjoyable and as I finish I get a text from Pauline to say she and gordon are on the way round so I go and get the kettle on and make the coffee,s. Pauline and gordon Arrive. they have just been to B&Q to get some Beading to go around a door frame, and Pauline has brought my Laundry back that she took on Thursday, anyway we have a chat over coffee and about 1.50 they make there way back home to finish the decorating and I settle down to watch "Crocodile Dundee" on the TV and to get this Journal written and posted.
Pauline, Gordon and Misty 2011.

Well this is almost ready to be posted. I have Gervase coming round this afternoon about 3.00 and will bring me in some shopping so I will get this journal posted for today and then make a coffee before Gervase arrives and then we can spend an hour or so having a good old chat.
Gervase and Leanne 2010.
So Until tomorrow I will say Adios and see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment