Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, A Shopping we will go.


As per the header image, today is Shopping day at Asda in Fratton. Pauline always takes me shopping on a Tuesday and Thursday, so today as like most Tuesday we are at Asda in the Bridge Centre, Fratton. It is not far from where I live so only a 10 minute taxi ride.
I woke this morning at 6.30 after a restless  night, having trouble with my feet going cold and burning, due to the "Raynaud's Phenomenon".  anyway laid in bed contemplating about making a coffee or staying in bed for another Hour, the rain was rattling away on the window anyway by now it was 7.30 so the coffee won and I went and made a coffee and into the Lounge to watch Breakfast news on the TV. The weather is really wet and windy this morning.

Portsmouth. at 7.55 this morning.
Anyway at 8.25 Jo the carer turns up very wet and cold she is early so I make her a cup of tea and tell her to put her coat over the Radiator to dry out a bit, as she has got very wet on her Bike this morning, we have a bit of a chat while she has her tea and then she gets me washed and groomed ready for the day and then is off on her bike . At least the rain has stopped, the forecast today is for Sunny Periods and Scattered Showers.

Windy on the Common this Morning.
Once Jo has gone I get some Alpen Porridge for Breakfast and a nice hot coffee and then text Pauline, Pauline phones back to say she is out on the common with Misty and it is very damp and Gusting winds today, "Told her she should not eat Pickled Onions in the Morning LOL" anyway she said she will book a taxi at 10.45 and then collect me for shopping.

Well I go and check facebook and the emails and then it is time to get a shave and dressed ready for Pauline to arrive, I get the wheelchair ready and at 10.55 Pauline arrives with the taxi, so get the wheelchair in the Taxi and off we go to Asda. The weather has started to improve as you can see from the following webcam photo.
Portsmouth at 11.00 am this Morning.

Pauline in Asda.
So we arrive at Asda in Fratton and get everything out of the taxi and make our way into the store. Pauline gets a small trolley and I push the wheelchair for 15 to 20 minutes as we go around the store getting the bits and Pieces that we need. I get a couple of ready meals and a nice piece of smoked haddock for tomorrows lunch, also some fresh Cauliflower and Broccoli, plus some other bits and pieces.Pauline gets some of the items she wants as well.

Gary and Lynn Hobb,s
Had a pleasant Surprise in Asda this morning as I saw Gary and lynn Hobb,s shopping in there. I used to work with Gary and lynn at B&Q before my Illness. they are nice people and Gary was in touch with me when I was in Hospital last year and I still see him when I occasionally get over to B&Q. Gary is in  charge of the Warehouse section at B&Q,  Gary is a good friend and it was nice to see them both. Well we finish of the shopping and get the items paid for and them get outside and phone for a Taxi to take us home.

Asda Pasty and Sausage roll for lunch.
Once indoors I get the kettle on and we unpack the shopping and get the shopping put away, I get a pasty for me and a sausage roll for Pauline into the oven to heat up and then make the coffee. Pauline brought my Laundry with her so we get that put away and then sit in the lounge and have lunch.

At 1.00 o'clock I phone for a taxi to take pauline home as she has to get sorted for a doctors appointment at 4.00 this afternoon, anyway I settle down with another coffee and get the laptop ready to check facebook, and to get todays journal written. I have on some old repeats of " One foot in the grave" and "Porridge" on UK Gold and have a nap in the recliner for 30 minutes so it is now 3.40 and I need to get this journal posted and then think about an early dinner this evening as I will be going down to see Gervase and Leanne this evening.
The skies are getting cloudy again and the temperature is dropping so I think I will put the heating on for an hour, so Until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Frank check out this site http://livingwithmyositis.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete