Friday, April 20, 2012

A mixed Friday.

Well here we are again. I was awake at 4.00 am this morning and .....................
It was one of those nights last night, for some reason I went to bed about 10.30 and it took me until just before midnight before I eventually got to sleep, and I was awake again about 3.45 am, so decided that I might as well take my methotrexate and then went onto face book to see who was about. at about 5.00 I got back to sleep and woke at 7.45 just in time to get a coffee made and into the lounge before Jo the carer came at 8.20.
Insomnia rules OK
once I am washed and groomed ready for the day ahead I decide to get some breakfast and today I fancy Scrambled egg which I do with 2 slices of toast and once I have finished breakfast I get dressed and then text Pauline to let her know all is OK. She and gordon are up in Salisbury today so hope the weather stays nice, it is not to bad here this morning. I checked the live webcam at 9.00 this morning after Jo the carer had left and you can see from the following photo that it was blue skies.
Portsmouth at 9.00 am this morning.
On Facebook Again.
anyway as it is Methotrexate day today I will not be doing to much as i am still feeling tired from lack of sleep over the last couple of days, and I need to phone the doctor today about a repeat prescription so will mention the sleeplessness and see what she can suggest, although I do not want to go down the route of more medication. anyway it is getting on for 10.30 am so need to get the emails checked and then play around on facebook until the doctor returns the phone call.

Telephone Consultation.
at 11.30 the doctor phones back we have a nice chat about how I am coping and that I seem to be going in the right direction with the occasional step backwards, However i get the repeat prescription sorted and then I ask about the sleep problem I have been having, and that I think it is linked to the change in the prednisolone dosage with the tapering down , her reaction is sleeping tablets but I do not really want to go down that route as I take enough medication as it is, she suggested that it might be worth trying an over the counter remedy called "Nytol" I have heard of them but am in two minds whether to give them a try or not

Chicken Soup "Tasty"
Well that is about it for the morning, it is now 12.00 and it is time to think about lunch, something light today as I think the Methotrexate is starting to kick in so just a bowl of chicken soup with some bread and butter I think and then I can watch the Lunchtime news  on the TV before going for a lie down at 1.00 for an hour.

A dog Nap
The chicken soup went down a treat so now to catch up on the days news, nothing new happening today so as it is now 1.15 I will go for a lie down and listen to some classical music on the Radio for an hour or so and try and see if i can catch up on some missed sleep. although if I do I hope it is only a cat nap otherwise I will be spending the rest of the day playing catch up. anyway I doze off for a bit and wake at 2.45, so not to bad  More than a cat nap but not as much as a sleep in, more like a "dog Nap" must have been copying "Misty"

Should not have had the sprouts
So there we are That is Freaky friday coming to a close. not a very exciting day but then again Friday never is, so I must now get this journal finished and posted and then get ready to watch Pointless at 5.15. after that it will be dinner " Pork loin with Potato, Cauliflower, Broccoli and sprouts with lots of gravy, I do feel sorry for my digestive system tonight, it will be a windy night tonight i think

Ok so there we go then folks tomorrow is another day so until tomorrow I will say.............................

1 comment:

  1. Glad you survived a sleep deprived freaky Friday. I love broccoli, sprouts and cauliflwer, potatoes too,worth the gas I reckon!
    Nice to be back and reading your soothing blog again. XXX Chris

    ReplyDelete